Chapter 1: Will You Take Me With You And Carry All This Broken Bone

You don't have to listen to the songs but I'm leaving them just in case.
[Song: Summertime by My Chemical Romance]

Max

It was cold tonight. I was cold but I knew if I got out of my bed to get something else to wear I'd be leaving the warmth of my blankets.

I've been laying in bed for somewhere near an hour trying to fall asleep, but sleep wouldn't come. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't fall asleep. My mind kept wandering and wandering and soon I was too lost in thought to sleep.

Yet unknowingly I found myself drifting off.

It didn't last long though as I heard a loud bang from outside. I jumped out of my bed and looked out the window. I didn't see anything from the window and it sounded too close to not be by the house, so I went outside to investigate.

The cold night air went right through my clothes as I got outside, causing me to shiver.

I surveyed the area but I didn't see anything that would've made a sound like what I heard. I know I didn't just imagine it though.

Taking a few steps, I still found nothing. Feeling defeated (and very cold), I start making my way back towards my door.

Out of nowhere a weight hits my back and pushes me to the ground.

"What the fuck," I mutter as I get up from the ground. I turn to see what hit me.

As soon as my eyes land on it, I feel sick.

What hit me was a person. He had a lanky body and brown tousled hair. Those were normal things. What wasn't normal was the odd green suit he wore and the bruise on his forehead.

I tried to see if he was okay but he was unconscious (most likely in correlation to that head injury).

I took a minute weighing out my options before picking him up and bringing him inside. It's too cold to leave him outside, I'll let him stay until he wakes up.

Once inside, I lay him down on the couch and take a moment to look him over. He wasn't bad looking, I wonder what his story is.

After peeling my eyes away from his sleeping form, I sit myself down on the floor and go on my phone. Looks like I won't be sleeping tonight.

××××

A loud beep startled me awake. I must've fallen asleep while I was waiting. Funny how that worked out.

The beeping had yet to stop. I looked around to try and figure out where it was coming from.

My eyes landed on the man, who was previously unconscious, holding my phone and eyeing it suspiciously as it emitted a drawn-out beep.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked as I snatched the phone. As soon as it left his hands, the beep stopped. Looking at my phone, I noticed the screen had nothing but random colors displayed. "What the fuck did you do?"

"Your device was singing so I was trying to find what caused the noise," the man spoke, surprising me.

"Are you trying to say my phone was ringing?" I asked, acknowledging his odd speech.

"Yes. The phone was ringing," he nodded. "I think it is broken."

"Yeah no shit. Thanks a lot, captain obvious." Oh well, it was time for an upgrade anyway. I set the phone down and looked at the man.