Chapter 1.

His green eyes and curly hair always catch my attention, but his tattoos even more. Let's not forget his piercings and gauges. He always comes in but never orders anything just sits and writes.

Every once in a while, I'll catch a glimpse and I can't help but notice the way his face frowns in concentration or how his lips are always parted when he's completely focused.

I finish locking up the doors when I turn to meet those piercing green eyes.

My mouth parts as I am paralyzed with fear, his eyes staring directly into mine while he frowns in anger.

There is something so intriguing about him that I can't look away.

As soon as he reaches his arm out, I whimper in fear. His hand is clenched into a fist and when he opens it, I realize he has a note folded neatly in the center of his calloused palm.

I look at him as I take the note and he walks away without saying any words.

I placed the note into my purse and decide to walk home, confused as to why this beautiful, green-eyed man handed me a note and didn't say a word to me.

I get home and open the note to see something sloppy written:

psychosis

I stare at the slip of paper in disbelief. What is he trying to say with this?

I place the slip on my desk as I sit at the computer and search up psychosis.

psy•cho•sis: noun
a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with all internal reality

I stare at the screen, wondering why this stranger would give me a note like this. I don't even know him, but I do want to know him. There is just something about him that I want to know.

As I am heading to bed, I hear a knock at my door. I wonder who it could be at this late hour. I head towards the door and open it to find nobody there.

But I do find something there, an all black rose. Accompanied by a black and white Polaroid of me walking home.