(Sinking)

Seeing him stand there my words become a jumbled mess twisting around my tongue.

"Wh-what..a-rre youu doing here?"I stammer.

"I don't like repeating myself Amanda" he replied while carefully stalking towards me.

"What the-,Get the hell out of my house!" I screamed clutching tightly into the staircase.

He was nearing closer to me, his eyes deadly concentrated on me. I turned my heel and went for the door even though I didn't know where I was planning on going. As the door opened slightly, it slammed shut quicker than it opened. Michael pressed me against the rigid door, his breath heating my face, bringing along with him the unpleasant smell of alcohol.

"I'm going to ask you one more time Amanda. How. was. your. date?" I gulped and slowly licking my chapped lips.

"It was everything I ever wanted...and more" I gave a frank answer.

His knuckles and fingers curled into a ball, his chest rose and fell rapidly I was scared for my life. He looked down at me and tilted my chin up and looked straight into my teary eyes. I unconsciously did the same, reading the pain and disappointed his portrayed.

"You know I would never hurt you, never. I care about you so much, so fucking much." He whispered to me while gently caressing my cheek and leaned in.

Was this what I wanted? What about Matt? I mean maybe a year or two ago yes but now? Could I? May I? Should I?
No.

"Michael" I pleaded grabbing a fist of his shirt. But he still came closer.

I pushed him as hard as I could and watched him stumble back. I pushed the pain away from all those years he had the chance but never took it, maybe because he was drunk but all I knew was this was not the time and his chance was long gone.

"Drink some water then get the fuck out of my house." I stomped up the stairs and hurriedly changed into my everyday pajamas, long baggy shirt and shorts.

I came downstairs to find Michael passed out on the couch with one leg on it and the other hanging casually on the floor. I shook my head and gave him a kiss his forehead as I tucked him in a blanket. No matter how hard I tried to stay mad at him I never really could.

I went to bed thinking about my date and how perfect it was. From the food to conversation and the kiss. I touched my lips and smiled to myself as I felt the tingling sensation of his lips pressed smoothly against mine. That was my last thought when my eyes finally gave up on me taking me into a heavenly slumber.

#####
The sun shone brightly onto my swollen face. I groan to myself for not closing the curtains. Mornings always brought great apathy, I dragged myself to the shower, brush my teeth, got changed into shorts and a tank top then headed downstairs.

Michael was still there in the same position he was last night. I smiled to myself and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. But before I took out some medication with water and place it on table in front of him.

I began to prepare the daily breakfast I did on a lazy saturday. Which consisted of eggs, bacon, toast and orange juice. I was cooking the eggs when two large arms wrapped around my waist granting a light squeal from me as Michael stood behind me giving me a cheeky smile.

"Don't do that you scared the daylights out of me" I confessed to him as he is still kept chuckling at the situation at hand.

He tries to grab a piece of bacon that I had laid out but i quickly slapped his hand before he could reach it.

"Go take a shower first then you can have some." He gave me the puppy dog face as I shooed him away.

"Oh and if you want any spare clothes, I have some of the clothes you left when you came over, their somewhere in my wardrobe so just check. And don't go through my things!" I yelled out to him while he went upstairs then continued making scrambled eggs.