Chapter 7: Breach of rules?

Edited by @ILoveYouCarissa

*******************************

Sara's POV

This is a nightmare. I just want it to end. This can't be happening. This is so not happening.

I kept on repeating those exact sentences in my head as I drove back home. I know that my brain isn't working clearly right now, but I have to get myself home. I have to figure something out.

I have to figure how to leave this city and how to get admission in a new school. God knows which city or which school 'cause I have no idea. I have to find a place where I'm far, far, far away from these creatures. Far away from Austin and his people.

If Mrs. Parks is also a vampire, then I wonder how many vampires are there in this city. What if there are more out there? I'm not safe anywhere now! No one is safe. I have to do something about this… but the question is: how? When, and why?

Why do I want to warn others when I've already got warned for my own life? If I utter a single word, they will hunt me down, so why should I do it? 

'....because you cannot sit back and see people die' my Soul yelled from inside.

"But nobody is dying!" I uttered the words out loud, arguing with my soul. 

'They will die sooner or later. People need to be warned!'

The argument I was having with myself continued till someone pulled their car right in front of me as if on purpose, and got out of the car. 

I stopped and yelled out, while getting out of the car, "What do you think you're doing blocking my way?"

"I just want to make sure that you're alright, ma'am," the stranger spoke, concern touching the volumes of his voice.

"Oh, really? And why is that?" I spoke in much more frustrated voice.

"Because miss, you've been driving round and round this circle for last twenty minutes."

Uh-oh.

I felt my cheeks redden in embarrassment. When he didn't get a response from me, he continued.

"Are you sure you're alright? I can drive you wherever you want to go."

Like the hell you can.

"No, I'm okay. Er, thanks, but I'm okay… okay," I stumbled for words, finding it very difficult to make a proper sentence.

"Okay?" he asked, still unsure of my response.

"Okay!"

Good job, Sara, you just had an awesome "okay" conversation with a stranger.

"I don't think so, miss. You certainly need help."

By this time, I got really frustrated. Not that there was anything to be frustrated about, but anyways, stupid me decided to yell at the poor stranger.

“Oh, you don't think so? There are more important things to worry about, so stop worrying about a stranger! Worry about your family. What if they die when you're busy giving me a ride, huh? Everything is messed up! Can you believe it? Can you? CAN YOU? Because I can't. I seriously can't."

When I stopped, I realised that I didn't make any sense, even to myself. The man didn't bother to reply and muttered something like, “what a freak” and went away.

I stood there for a whole minute before walking back to my car. 

********************************