Chapter 10: I want option 'C'

Sara's POV

To say that I'm scared and devastated would be an understatement. I'm not in my sane mind, that's for sure.

The car came to a halt at Austin's place. Liza was trying to get too friendly with me, which I just couldn't digest. Having a normal conversation with a Vampire was by far most ridiculous idea I have ever heard.

Austin was the most distant of all. Avoiding me the best he could. Good! at least one thing was in my favour.

He asked Liza to take me to my room. It was as if my brain wasn't cooperating and I did everything I was being told to. 

She led me to my room. I didn't dare utter a word.

I entered a very simple room. The walls were light green color and huge mirror hung at the head of the bed.

"We'll bring you something to eat."

 I still had my back towards her. I don’t know if it was fear, or if it was just fatigue, but my body was just unwilling to react to anything.

"Um, Sara?" I tilted my head a little to the left to acknowledge her.

"Goodnight?" I could tell that Liza was confused and uncertain of my behaviour.

I nodded my head in response. She slowly retreated out of the room, closing the door behind her.

I stepped forward a bit and turned to the left to fully face the mirror. My face was a mess, not that I cared at the moment. My eyes were swollen, I had dark circles under my eyes, and my face was pale. I couldn't even imagine that only a day would change my life.

I climbed into the bed and hugged my legs to my chest. Silence. Silence was all I needed. My brain shut down. I wasn't thinking about anything. I knew my life had developed into a disaster, and this silence was the beginning of it. I wanted to enjoy it. Enjoy the awesomeness of silence.

When everything is nothing and everything is bliss.

A tear rolled down my cheek as I submitted into dreamless dark sleep.

***********************

"Wake up, wake up, wake up. It's a brand new day."

I awoke with loud music ringing in my ears. My alarm. I got up with a jerk.

I never had my mobile with me when I got here.

But it was then I noticed my surroundings. It wasn't the way it was last night. Few picture frames from my room hung on the green walls in front of me. My mom's worn out lamp sat on the bedside table.

"Oh, guys, she's up!" Ryan announced loudly as he entered my room.

"Light purple and straight lines. Perfect. You seem better than last night," Ryan said, but I barely understood a word he said.

I intertwined my fingers tightly out of nervousness. Sleep really did affect me a lot. I didn't feel as devastated, the way I felt last night. Everything seemed fresh and new.

Just then, Liza entered with a food trolley. The smell of food made me realise how hungry I actually was.

"Morning, Sara." Liza had her usual bright smile, which didn't compliment her husky voice. "Sorry. Ryan ate all the sandwiches we made for you last night."

"I don't want anything!" I said determinedly, but in reality, I was famished.

"We can hear your stomach growl," Ryan said with a chuckle.

Well, that's embarrassing.

"Come on, now." Liza pouted. "Eat it without further ado." Then she glanced quickly at Ryan and continued, "We have stuff to do."