Chapter 9: My power twin.

Edited by: @ILoveYouCarrisa

*****************************

Austin's POV

I bet this has to be the world's most awkward drive. Ryan kept looking at me while driving, but I didn't bother to look at him even once. He was probably trying to decipher my colors once again. When Ryan said that my colors have changed, it really got me worried. Something is strange, that’s for sure.

First, Sara recognizes the taste of blood in the wine. It was really very small amount and should have gone unnoticed by a human, but she recognized just a drop of blood!

Second, she remembers everything from that night, when Ryan's powers could work on her, then why not mine? Why wasn't I able to control her mind?

Third, I can feel her emotions! Only when her emotions get too strong, but still, I can feel them. But why? Why was I able to feel her emotions in the first place? Who is she? I could feel the fear when she was attacked, but the question remains, why?

Fourth, a complete random vampire attacks Sara, and Liza claims that it wasn't just a random attack. It was done on purpose. This means someone from the vampire world wants Sara dead. But why, damn it?

I glanced at the backseat where Sara sat, curled up in the corner. Liza sat comfortably, tapping her feet to the music this shit radio was playing.

Liza tried to make small conversations with Sara to make her comfortable. She was only trying to be friendly and was trying to reduce the tension, but obviously, Sara was getting more and more tense due to that. It could have been a normal drive only if Sara never knew about our identities.

Sara was a mess. She was sobbing every few minutes. Her eyes were bloodshot red, and her nose was pink. Her cheeks were completely white, as if drained of every drop of blood.

The journey from hospital to our home, wasn't long and our car came to a halt in front of our bungalow. The three of us got off and Ryan headed towards the garage. As we were ascending the stairs to the main door, Liza took Sara by her hand. It was supposed to be a friendly gesture, I guess, but Sara immediately took her hand back and hugged it to her chest. She glanced nervously back and forth between Liza and me.

"I’ll wait for you in the dining room," I said to Liza and headed for the door. It was getting harder to stay near Sara. I wasn't just myself when I was around her.

I headed off to the kitchen and started making some sandwiches. It was already night and all of us had nothing to eat since lunch. Not that we three were craving for food. This was for Sara.

"Where’s Liza?" Ryan entered the room. In a fraction of a second, he was standing beside me, munching the sandwich.

"With Sara. She's gonna show her to a room and probably lock the door. I don't know!" I answered, sighing. This was getting hectic.

"So, are you gonna start speaking?"

"What am I doing right now, Ryan? You see my lips moving." I made a hand gesture of a puppet.

"Not that. Tell me why you didn’t control her mind. You do realize, right? That this is all because you didn't do your job?"

“I showed her to her room and locked the door. I'm sure she'll try to run away." Liza entered, rubbing her temple. She abruptly grabbed a chair and sat down. "I need some explanation, too. My God, there has never been so much drama in a day ever in my life."

Now was the time to clear all the mess, I had to tell them everything.

"I'll start from the beginning."