1. Alone

CHAPTER 1

"Ugh!" you groaned in frustration as you stormed away from the dance floor, I fucking knew she was gonna do this.

Quickly, you made your way towards the bar, questioning whether or not you should get a drink, but just as you took a seat, you noticed a bartender approaching you, already preparing to take your order.

"What can I get for you tonight, ma'am?"

"Uh..." you paused for a moment, still undecided about what you wanted, "I uh... I'm... good, thanks."

You decided it'd be better to stay sober, seeing as your best friend was now dancing with a random guy she had met just a few minutes ago. You knew all too well that once she took a shot with him, all her self control would fly out the door and she'd be drunk in no time... and well, if both of you were intoxicated, you knew that was not going to end well.

But it wasn't the drinking that pissed you off, it wasn't even the guy that pissed you off; if you were being really honest, he was actually a pretty attractive dude... the problem was that she made you a promise, and she broke it because of him.

[Earlier that day...]

"Come on, let's go to the club!"

"No."

"Why?! You're such a party pooper... it will be fun!"

"Yeah for you. I'm not into clubbing. I don't like to dance OR talk with strangers."

"You should though! You can't keep moping around because of your ex, you're single now! And ready to mingle!"

"I am definitely not ready to mingle. I want to stay home."

"You just think you're not ready, but once you see a cute guy you won't be saying that."

"Yeah sure, that's if you don't talk to him first."

"Don't worry! I'll stay with you the whole time. I'll help you meet people!"

"Pft. With your ADHD? Yeah right."

"No, I will! Please, please, please!"

"No, I don't want to."

"Come on, I promise I won't leave you!"

"You promise?"

"Yes!"

"You sure? That's what you always say."

"Yes, I mean it this time!"

"Alright, fine! But I swear to god if you leave me you're really gonna get it..."

*     *     *

I'll stay with you the whole time my ass, you scoffed, angrily whipping your phone out of your small purse.

Seeing the time displayed on the top of the screen, you sighed in disappointment, It's only been 10 minutes and she already broke her promise, how pathetic.

Unlocking your phone, you looked through your apps, figuring out what you could do to pass the time. For a while, you simply just scrolled through the feed on your social media apps, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter... but eventually, that got boring, so you tried to find something else to do.

Soon, you ended up looking through all of your game apps, trying to figure out which one would make the time pass by quickest. Candy Crush, you finally decided, clicking on the colorfully decorated, eye-catching app. As you played, you found yourself constantly checking up on your "friend" who was continuing to enjoy herself on the dance floor with her new date. She honestly seemed like she couldn't even care less about you, probably forgot that you even came with her.