Chapter 10

Hi guys,

SO, firstly apologies for not continuing this story for so long, I had a rather bad period of depression and generally getting kicked in the teeth by life.

I apologies, as well, I usually don't have time to reply to messages as I work and study full time.

Try and be understanding, it's good for the skin. ;)

:)

Lots of love

Natchie9

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was not responding to that question. I was going to be oh so very small instead.

I froze, every muscle in my body painfully tense, the fear triggering an irrational instinct to remain perfectly still.

As if that would stop him from seeing me.

I finally forced the muscles in my neck to relax enough to turn and look at the man standing above me.

He wasn't quite as tall as I'd initially thought, though his sheer size was overwhelming, he had shoulder length thick dark hair that had a slight curl to it.

He had naturally tan skin and a strong jaw line covered in a thick layer of dark stubble. He had bright green, almond shaped eyes and they seemed to almost glow as he stared at me.

For a moment we just stared at each other in a frozen moment, his nostrils flared and he began to step towards me, before I could react there was a high pitch whizzing noise and then his enormous chest was suddenly sprayed with tiny blue tranquilizer darts.

His head swung about, immediately finding the source of the attack. Three men in black uniforms stood in the door ways holding up their guns.

A growl ripped through the air as he began to make his way towards them. Stumbling as they stepped back they continued to fire tiny darts at his chest which was beginning to resemble the back of an echidna.

Thane continues to stalk the men down the hall, but his steps are becoming heavy, the tranquilizers must be finally affecting him.

I watch with terrified fascination as he disappears after the men.

The entire room stays frozen for what feels like an eternity, and when the cool female voice announces over the intercom that lunch is over and that we are to return to our work stations, no one moves.

Eventually new guards begin to filter back into the room and began ordering people around like confused sheep.

I stand, the muscles in my body screaming in outrage from spending so long frozen in one position.

"Come on," Mickey whispers, touching my arm gently. "if we don't get moving they will start getting pushy."

Days blended into weeks, the stale routine of work made it hard to keep track of time.

The day in the cafeteria felt like a crazy dream we'd all shared, but no one would talk about it.

"So why did you not kill this Jack boy?" Carmen demanded, as she furiously scrubbed at a bright purple stain on one of the shirts.

I sighed, we had had this conversation several times already. Carmen, Mickey and I had spent every available moment together, progressively becoming closer as we had been assigned to the same work areas.

"I told you Carmen, I didn't want them to die." I said as I folded a pile of clean uniforms.

"I don't understand, if it was me I would have-"