Chapter 2

Weeeeeeew second chapter y'all!! 

Thanks for reading! 

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How could this have happened? Never in my twenty years of living in the pack had I heard of an Alpha being sent to Ciardha. Heck, I’d never even heard of an Alpha being reprimanded in any way.

It was actually a problem sometimes; Alphas could get away with some pretty nasty stuff if they wanted to. In the past there had been rare occasions when Alpha’s had had their positions taken away from them for doing unspeakable things, but they were never really punished. It was how the system worked.

I jogged across the grass that separated the meeting hall from the pack house. The house was obnoxiously huge, four stories high it looked more like a mini mansion with its white columns beautifully designed bay windows. Werewolves were always seemed to be good with money, it meant that we could not only have the finer things, but also the high security systems we needed to ward off rogue creatures and other threats. 

I  headed straight for my father’s office in the back of the house. In the past I had ignored his refusal to confide in me, but this time he had taken it too far. I was, after all, in line to inherit his position in the pack and deserved to be a part of things like this.

I knocked the large wooden door to his office not waiting for an answer before I barged in. I was too fired up.

“What the hell Dad?” I said slightly out of breath, “when were you going to tell me about the Silver Blood pack?!” I almost yelled the last part of it.

“Evangeline” My father said slowly, using my dreaded full name, ignoring my outburst. “Perhaps we could talk about this another time.” He said as his eyes flickered to someone behind me.

I jumped as I felt a pair of arms slide around my waist, I spun around to see who it was and couldn’t help but smile when I saw Jack staring back at me. Jack and I had been dating since high school, he had dark blonde hair and nice blue eyes and at 6” tall he was a few inches taller than me which I loved.

“What are you doing here?” I asked shocked to see him in my father’s office.

He opened his mouth, about to reply but it was my father’s voice that answered my question.

“We were just having a meeting about pack affairs, specifically the issues arising from the turbulent situation with the Silver Blood pack.” He said it in such a casual voice, not meeting my eyes, instead staring at the monitor on his desk absently.

“Why…” I said my voice trailing off, I realised what he was doing then. “Why would you be telling Jack and not me?” I said trying not to let my voice break.