Chapter 2

Soroya

Thea, true to her words, checked on me later when her shift ended. That was about 4 in the evening and I was just making sure I had everything packed for college. My classes started in 9 in the morning on Mondays-Wensdays-Fridays and 1 in the afternoon on Tuesdays - Thursdays.

After I planned out what I would wear I heard my stomach growl with hunger. I went to the kitchen and scanned through the cubboared 's. There was so much food in there how could one person eat this much. Not that it's a problem now that I'm hear. I opened the fridge and saw 4 slices of pizza in a plate wrapped in plastic with a sticky note that says hungry?

Does this Mr Marshall guy think of everything.

I took the pizza out of the plastic and put in in the microwave for 2 minutes. While it was heating I took a canned cool drink out of the fridge and put it on the table. I took my pizza out of the microwave and walked to the sofa.

I heard the front door open and stood up exited to who my 'roomate' is.

But what I saw only filled my eyes with tears.

"Peter...Marshall." I said not believing the name I just said. We stared at each other for a good two minutes until I turned around and wiped my eyes.

How can I be so stupid not to put the pieces together? I can't believe I'm living with my not so close best friend.

"Roy." He said my name like he used to a year ago before he left me without so much as a goodbye.

I took a deep breath in and turned around. I smiled at him.

"Hey." I simply said trying to ignore the big fat humongous nonexistent elephant in the room.

"Hi?" He greeted back more like a question. His forehead crinkled up like it always does when he's confused. As much as I hate to admit it he looked good. Hell he looked great. His jawline more defined. Even though he's wearing a shirt I could see his muscles tense under my gaze. And his hair... all I could think about was how I wanted to run my hands through the... what no he was like a brother that's weird.

"Okay, I'm tired I think I should go to bed." I said blushing because he caught me starring.

"Alone?" He said smirking.

"Yes Pete. Alone. We'll talk tomorrow." I said smiling but walking away with my pizza and soda in hand.

I walked into my room. How did he get me from crying to smiling. I just need to rest it's my last day before I start on Monday so just to clarify today is Saturday tomorrow Sunday the day I finally get the answers I've been wanting to know for a year.

Why did he leave me?

:::::

The only bad thing about having a window that big and a bad memory is that if you forget to close your curtains you'll wake up as soon as the sun does.

I woke up at 6 in the morning on a Sunday. On a Sunday.

I still had on my big sweater and shorts when I walked out of my room. All I did so far was brush my teeth.

I made my way to the kitchen to see a stranger standing by the coffee machine. I did what any normal person would do when they see a stranger in the morning by their coffee pot.

"Morning. Can you make me a cup too?" I asked nicely. I'll hit him with a pan once I get my coffee.

"Who are you?" He asked rudely once he turned around with no cup of coffee for me. How dare he. Maybe I should skip coffee and hit him with the pan now.

But when I looked up at him I was at a loss of words. I couldn't get the words stuck in my throat out. He had dark brown hair, a sharp jaw, and a light stubble and his eyes were a light hazel brown with specs of yellow and thick dark eyelashes. He was simply breathtaking. Like Peter. Wait, what noway did I just think that. As if on que Peter walks in with no shirt just his sweat pants hanging dangerously low.

"Morning. I see you guys have met." He says casually.

"Nope. So far the only thing I know about him is that he's a bitch in the morning." I sneer. He doesn't even look the tiniest bit offended. He just smirks and says

"Not just the morning babe. All...day...long..."

"Don't. Call me that. Ever. Again." I said.

"What? Babe? I quiet like it actually." He smiles so sinister it hurts to look away.

"Anyway...Roy this is John Hudson. John this is Soroya Clarke."

"Whatever, why are you up so early?"
I asked Peter.

"I have to open up shop." He replied.

"So are you still gonna study at WDC (I don't even know if that a school) or did you stop?"I asked

"I never started. I found this place and you know since my dad's in jail his money became mine and my mom's I bought it and started this." He said gesturing to everything.

"Well you've accomplished a hell of a lot in one year." I complimented.

"Thanks." He replied looking me in the eyes and smiling. I looked away and let my hair cover my face as I bit my lip.

"So how do you two know each other Johnny?" I asked looking at him only to see he was already looking at me.

"We met when he bought the place it was my uncles shop." He replied solemnly. I rolled my eyes and got of the chair.

"I'll be back. I just need to change."I said.

"Why? You look great."John said staring at my bare thighs. 

I turned around walking away but not before flipping him off first.

When I got to my room I picked out my biggest top. I wore my black skinny jeans and a oversized white T-shirt with my black and white vans.
I put on a little mascara and nude pink lipstick. I brushed my hair half up half down style. I had brown slightly curly hair, emarald green eyes and freckles on my naturally rosy cheeks. I hated having rosy cheeks they  always thought I was blushing when I spoke to a boy.

When I walked back out of the room Peter was laying on the couch I went over to him and sat on him. I took his glasses off and put it on. I then searched for John only to see he was on the opposite couch glued to his phone.

I was about to throw him with Peters phone when Peter grabbed it out of my hand. Pulling my hand with and pushing me on the floor so I landed on the floor with a big thud. Both boys started laughing.

"Assholes."I grumbled red with embarrassment.

"Did you open up shop yet?"I asked.

"I did."John answered. 

"Oh you're still here."I said with fake enthusiasm.

"Oh don't pretend you weren't staring at me the whole time." He said winking my way.

Oh this is going to be a long day I thought as I rolled my eyes.

::::

Hi my lovelies.

What do you think so far?
Please Vote and Comment.

-Mara