Chapter 7

I've been shopping in New York. Not even I can resist it.

I've just finished. Now I'm heading towards Stark Tower. Today is June 30, Sigh, the party.

I haven't seen Tony at all since I woke up. Sigh, again. I want to wear that dress. In front of Tony. WEIRD... right?

I walked into the tower and walked to the elevator. I punched in the number 40. This place has like 100 floors!

When I put my bags in my room I went to the common room. I read Tony's note this morning and he said he'd be there when I'm done.

The room was dark and quiet, a little too dark and quiet for Stark to be in here. I turned on the light and...

" Surprise!" I heard people yell. What? Then I saw who was there. I've only met them once, except for Tony.

They were the Avengers.

Tony ran up and hugged me. " Happy Birthday Kaylee!"

Birthday? Today's my birthday? I stopped celebrating my birthday after my parents died.

Music started playing. " Follow me." Tony whispered.

I followed him to a terrace. I can tell you the view was beautiful!

" Wow." I whispered to myself.

Tony chuckled. " Beautiful isn't it?"

I nodded. The view was the glowing lights of New York at night. Breathtaking.

" Almost as beautiful a you." Tony said.

Wait. Did he just say I was beautiful? I turned and looked into his dark brown eyes. They sparkled despite the dark.

He bent down and his lips locked onto mine. His lips were soft and welcoming. I didn't dare kiss back. I'm being paid to kill him. I can't grow attached to him. He's Iron Man, I can't kill Iron Man!

I'm so confused!