8

Henry was 3 hours late coming home from work, but as soon as he came home. He reeked of alcohol, I dreaded the fact he was drinking tonight. He tends to get very abusive when he's drunk. Henry walks passed me and puts his coat on the coat hanger and then places his lips on my forehead gently. Confused as ever, he continued to do sweet affectionate things for me all night such as; giving me a massage all over , baking and feeding me my favorite dessert, creme brûlée. Looking at old wedding pictures then lastly playing our song and sow dancing in the living room. It felt like heaven. even though I could barley understand anything he was saying, since he was slurring his words. We laid on the couch together after we slow danced for hours. He fell asleep shortly after, I just glanced at him as he laid on my chest breathing smoothly. His phone rings and I hesitate to answer it but I did it anyways. A man answers "Hello Dad, how's mom doing?" I gasp and whisper "Liam." Liam and I catch up on everything we missed about each other. He has two daughters; Ella and Lily, he has a wife name Jasmine. "I wish I could meet them" I said in a whisper. "Come over for lunch tomorrow" Liam said with excitement.

I woke up in a very pleasant mood, I finally get to see my son today, it's literally been forever. I wait for Henry to leave for work, I can't figure out how I can leave without Henry finding out. If he found out , I would be dead..literally.

I start getting ready to go to Liam's house, I told him to come pick me up because I don't have a car. I wear my hair slightly curled and a little glam of makeup, I haven't gotten ready like this in ages. I slowly apply the lipstick as i heard Liam's car honking for me. I finish and rush down the stairs , grabbing my coat. Walking to the car , embracing the sun as usual, I then get in the car and we speed off to Liam's house. I nervously walk through his house door, not knowing what to say or think.

I walk inside the house to be tackled with hugs from the young ones , "GRANDMA!!" They yelled happily. My face formed a huge smile. I've never been this happy in my life. I continue getting to know my new family, playing with the kids, reading them books/watching movies with them, talking to jasmine and helping her cook. She was a beautiful woman, Liam is very lucky. I began to set the table when Liam proceeds to ask me "so how are you liking your visiting, I wish you could stay longer" a lightbulb strikes my brain with a brilliant idea. I calmly say "I can stay longer, how about for a week?" I said a week even though later on I plan on asking to live here to hide out from Henry. He nodded in agreement and we began to eat dinner and having a good family time. I can't stop smiling, tonight's been a wonderful night.