Chapter 3- Girl's Day

Well now Claire knows. And she hasn't told anyone. Yet. It's only been three days since I've told her, so I don't fully trust the fact that she's not going to tell anyone.

I think I am going to do it. I think I am going to meet Louis. 

I mean, I have been asking about my father my whole life. I've always had dreams about having a dad in my life like everyone else I know. There's only one downside of meeting him while he is in the country...

I have to go on the full America tour with him and the rest of One Direction.

That is what management told my mom when she called about them. I wanted his phone number so I could talk to him, but management refused to give it out and that is what they said when she asked about me being able to meet him.

I've never been far away from my hometown of St. Helena, California, and I don't know how long I would last if I went on tour with them. 

I can't stand a week away from my mom, let alone Claire, how could I stand at least a month away from them?

I don't think I could do it.

"Nikki, come down here. I have to talk to you." My mother called from downstairs.

"Yeah mom?" I said as I ran down the stairs. 

"Okay, um, I was just wondering if you had made up your mind about going on tour with Louis?" She asked me as I walked into the living room where she was.

"I think I am going to do it. I want to get to know him, I want him to get to know me. I want to know I actually have a father, you know? Why do you wanna know?" I explained. 

"I have to call you off of school for the time your gone. And Nikki?" 

"Yeah?" My mom was acting really weird about something, and I don't know what.

"I'll miss you." She gave me a sad smile as she pulled me in for a hug. "I'm so proud of you, honey. You're handling this whole situation like an adult, and I'm surprised you're taking this so lightly when you know you're going to be away from Claire for more than two hours" She joked and pulled away.

"Well, I was going to ask if maybe you could come, and if I could possibly bring Claire along?" I asked, giving her my best pouty lips and puppy dog eyes.

"Well, I mean I can ask. I don't know if they'll allow that, though. But we can sure try..." She trailed off, a smile on her face.

"YAY! Thank you mom, I love you!" I said as I bounced up and down and wrapped my arms around her neck.

She laughed before putting her arms around my small waist. "I love you too Nik." She started to sniff my hair and crinkled her nose in disgust. "But you really smell, you need to shower!"

"I was just about to before you called me down!" I laughed and took off for my bathroom.

***

"Mom! What the heck?" I yelled playfully because she threw three french fries at me.

After I had showered, my mom said she wanted to have a girl's day with me. Our girl's days always includes going out to eat, going to the mall, and watching a movie at the cinema. 

We went to eat at Cheddar's, went to watch That Awkward Moment, and went to every shop in the mall. We always have a lot of fun on days like this. 

Currently, we were in Cheddar's. We just got our food. We were splitting the chicken tender basket, and she has a habit of throwing her food at me instead of putting it in her stomach.