XII. Chuunin (Part 1)

Please check the A.N below 

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✔  

TIMESKIP: CHUUNIN ARC 

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

"So, it's that time of the year again?" Sakura drawled out as she stood beside Kakashi.

"Hmm~ it seems so. Though, I am much more concerned on how you found me." Kakashi said as his eyes scanned the books' spines in search for a certain book.

"Kaka-sensei, I was a trained ANBU." She reminded him, "So, are you going to recommend us?" she asked him.

"Maybe, I'm sure Naruto and Sasuke are in good hands with you around." He said as he picked up a book with a family orange book cover.

"I guess so. Nothing's going to happen to them during the exams, you know? The arena's going to be full of Genin, Kaka-sensei. Except for a few tricks and jutsu here and there, no one's going to die." She told him as she herself picked a small booklet with an erotic cover.

Kakashi shrugged, "True. But please do remember that if either of them dies, my head will be served on a silver platter to the council and or clan elders." He said as he looked at her with a raised brow.

Sakura grinned, "As long as it's not my head."

Kakashi blinked in horror before he looked at the book she picked, "You know, that's actually a very nice story." He smiled.

"It is? Maybe I'll read it sometime next year."

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

"So, here's the gist: All of you have 3 days to think of this. After that, you can proceed to the Academy. Also, the exams formally start at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, be late and your proctor may and can disqualify you. Don't forget to bring your recommendation with you." The Jounin explained with a lackadaisical tone as he handed each of his students a sealed letter.

"Just like that?" Naruto asked, baffled at how easy the Chuunin Exams will be.

"Oh, I nearly forgot to mention one thing." Kakashi chuckled.

"And what's that?" Sasuke asked.

"The exam is very dangerous. A lot of Genin died during the previous exams, and this one won't be any different. So, if you think that you're tough enough to survive then be my guest. But the village won't be held responsible for your death." Kakashi said as he clasped his hands together, "Now, you're all dismissed. Think this thoroughly. Don't forget, you can die during the exams." And with that, the grey haired Jounin disappeared with his signature 'poof'.

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

To Team 7, 3 days seemed to pass by effortlessly. And in front of the Academy, Naruto and Sasuke arrived with determined gazes.

"Sure you're up for this, dobe?" Sasuke asked him with a mocking smirk.

"Hah?" Naruto barked, "Of course I'm sure! What about you? Sure you aren't chickening out?" He grinned.

Sasuke snorted as he rolled his eyes, "Who do you think I am?"

Naruto snorted as he looked around for Sakura, "Hey, where's Sakura-chan?"

The Uchiha blinked in realization, "I thought that she'd be here by now."

"Well, she isn't here."

"Obviously, dobe."

"Oi, teme, I'm being nice here."

"Hn."

Blue eyes looked around in frenzy; a lot of Genin had already started to enter the Academy with their team. "C'mon! It's nearly 3!"

Beside him, Sasuke nodded in agreement, "Maybe she's nervous."

Naruto froze before he looked at him, "Teme...Do you mean to say that a former ANBU Captain is scared of the Chuunin Exam?" he deadpanned.

"...Oh."

"But seriously! Where is Sakura-chan?"

"You boys do know that I could be behind you?" a familiar voice said.

They turned around, "Sakura-chan! You're late!" Naruto said as he hugged her.

"I'm not." Sakura giggled, "The exam doesn't even start until 3. It's only 2:12, Naruto-kun." She reminded him.

"Still! C'mon, c'mon! I don't wanna be late!"

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

"Well, looks like the gang's all here!" Kakashi chirped as he closed his book.

"Kaka-sensei! What are you doing here?" Naruto asked.

"I'm here to say that you guys can enter!" he smiled at them. "Actually, if any of you didn't show up today, then none of you would be able to enter." He said.

"WHAT?!" The blonde yelled in disbelief.

"Now, now, Naruto." Kakashi chuckled.

"This isn't funny, Kakashi-sensei." Sasuke growled.

"And I'm not joking. There's a reason why this exam must be taken as a group." He said, "Well, none of that matters now. All three of you can now enter as an official group." Giving all of them a pat on the head, he said, "Go make me proud!"

"Believe it!"

"Aa."

"Cha!"

At that moment, Sakura decided that this exam was better than the one she took back at Kiri.

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✔ 

A.N:

Yes, I'm alive! And I have a few announcements to make XD

1.) Please support my new Naruto story: The Heiress (A KakaSaku story) 

2.) I HAVE A QUESTION: Do you think I should change the pairing of this story to Itachi x Sakura? I've been having doubts of SasuSaku on this timeline and I really think that ItaSaku would fit better. 

3.) Yes, I did a timeskip since I was going nowhere when I did a rough draft of their previous mission. Hope none of you mind XD