The Glass Slipper pt 1

"Annabeth, hurry up in there!" Shouted my stepsister, Reyna as she pounded on the door. "I need to use the bathroom!"

I knew it wasn't good for me to let her push me around like that. Besides, I was just about to take a nice long shower. "Go use a different one!" I shouted back. "I'm busy!"

I heard Reyna's groans and could sense her frustration with me. This was the first time in weeks that I stood up to her. I guess she just thought I had stopped being rebellious. "Annabeth! I'm going to go tell Mother!" Of course. Reyna's natural response to not getting what she wants was to go report me to my stepmother, Hera. And trust me, Hera would not be pleased.

I hurriedly took my shower, got dressed and ran up three flights o stairs to my bedroom, aka the attic, to avoid a confrontation. It wasn't much, but it was mine so that made it better. My few possessions were on the table next to my sorry excuse for a bed. I had an old fashioned hat that my mother used to wear, a hunting knife from my father, and an expensive picture of the most handsome boy in the kingdom. Prince Perseus.

Any smart girl like me would know that I had no chance whatsoever to win his heart, and instead of publicly fawning over him like Reyna and my other stepsister, Calypso, I kept my crush on him a secret.

Behind me, the bedroom door opened. I cursed. Normally I'd lock my door but I'd forgotten to. In strolled my malicious stepmother, Hera Greece, trailed by Reyna and Calypso. Hera was wearing her usual hideously showy, golden dress and her dyed hair was set in a bun. Reyna was wearing a flowing purple dress, with her dark brown hair down. Calypso was wearing a simple white dress with golden accents and her cinnamon hair was pulled back in a braid. They all looked awful.

"Mother, won't you punish Annabeth for her unruly behavior?" Complained Reyna. "She's been acting so horribly lately! Callie, tell her!" Calypso nodded vigorously.

"She thinks she's the most wonderful thing in the world but she's not!" Calypso pouted, her overly glossed lips forming a frown.

Hera turned to me distastefully. "Annabeth, after all we've done for you? Ungrateful child!" She exclaimed haughtily. "Haven't you had enough cleaning for one lifetime? I suppose not. You are no longer allowed to leave the house unless I say. And you must spend all day cleaning, no matter what."

With that snobby proclamation, they left me alone in the attic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How'd you like it? I had the inspiration for it last night. Since it's a Cinderella story but with PJO characters, it should be more interesting! Please share and like so others can see my story!
Thanks again for reading!
Feels ;)