CHAPTER 4

I am real,

And I don't believe in the show.

Take me as I am,

Or watch me as I go.

When I needed you all the most

I found none.

What's this redemption now?

When you have always come undone.

The dinner was a silent affair.

Sheetal and Aarav were in their room and hence, the family made clear attempts at showing how guilty and how sorry they were, for unknowingly but significantly putting Khushi in such an ordeal.

But to everyone's utter surprise, Khushi hardly paid any attention.

The girl who would always talk, weigh everything of others over herself, didn't show any courtesy as she kept her gaze lowered, concentrated on her food and disappeared into her room before anybody could even think of anything further as she finished her dinner.

Payal was disheartened.

Disheartened to see that her baby sister was behaving like this unknown entity that was seemingly so cold.

NK had tried being his usual self trying to levitate the grave situation, but even his efforts weren't fruitful.

But yes, if Khushi did smile at anyone during the whole dinner, it was only NK.

And why not?

He had always been that only person, that only friend of hers who had never left her back, even when others saw her with accusatory eyes in the past. And so how could she not be cordial with him?

When she had retired to her room, everybody didn't feel the heart to have their food anymore.

Akash, Nani, Anjali, even Mami to a great extent, were all frowning, just at the thought of everything that had conspired in the house in the last few days, ever since Sheetal entered their lives.

"Chotte! Have you done what I have asked you to do?"

Nani asked Arnav, as the latter only sat silently, not taking even one morsel from his plate.

"Yes, Nani. I have already informed Aman to finalize an apartment. Sheetal and Aarav will be out of Shanti Van in the next two days."

He replied with a straight face.

The old lady faintly smiled at that before sighing and the rest of the family too only hoped that this dark period was going to be over and they would get their happy go lucky Khushi back.

..

.

The world may betray us

But nature won't,

So in the stars I rely,

Even if you don't.

As they twinkle and shine with their bright light,

My existence matters to them and they show me delight.

So I sit here and gaze at the sky

It gives me the solace that I was always denied.