CHAPTER 6

I will stand by you, through thick and thin

Together we can, we will always win.

The imposters can't harness, what is meant to be

The power of the truth, is for everyone to see.

So tonight I shall reveal,

Tonight I shall show;

How much I love you,

And everything else has to go.

It was a busy day at Shanti Van.

The hustle-bustle in the house was pretty conspicuous given the fact that every lady present in the house was overly anxious for the moon to show up in the horizon.

When you need something the most, you don't find it, eh?

Seems like even the moon was pretty demonstrative of this phrase.

.

The ladies that included women from the family as well as from the neighborhood waited with bated breath to get a glimpse of the ever celestial and lovely moon, so that they could finally break their fast and please their tummies.

Nani looked at Sheetal, who was talking to one of the guests and only felt annoyance bud in her system as she recalled the scene from the wee hours of the morning, when she was serving the sargi to Manorama, Khushi, as well as Payal.

Sheetal had popped up saying she too wishes to apply mehendi in her hands and have the sweet dish that was specially prepared by Nani for the daughters-in-laws of the house.

Had it been some other day, Nani might have actually fed her that and even applied henna on her palms, but after knowing what this intrusive lady was intending to do, Devyani Raizada had blatantly denied Sheetal saying that this was only for the daughters-in-law of the house and if she was really craving to have something sweet, there were plenty of desserts in the refrigerator and she could help herself with that.

Sheetal was irked by this sort of treatment and had fumed looking at the ladies before disappearing into her room.

.

Nani had looked at Khushi after that, who showed no emotion at whatever conspired moments ago. A part of her just wanted this girl to talk, but Khushi did whatever she was required to do as per the rituals of the festival and then walked away.

..

.

The morning was a jovial affair, with decorators all busy in decorating the mansion, NK entertaining everyone with his jokes, and of course Manorama's constant sulks over how difficult it was for her to stay hungry for that long.

But even that phase had a disruption in the form of Aarav, as he said his mother too fasts every year on this day.

The family members, except Arnav who sat on the dining table exchanged looks among themselves, before looking at Khushi, who showed no reaction at all.

She simply excused herself saying she had to go somewhere urgently and that she would be back soon.

Although Anjali had insisted that she should stay back, given she was fasting, Khushi had politely refused her request saying she really had an important task to adhere to.