Loud and Clear

Prologue

"Darcy, you and Ryker need to stop this," Louis yelled throwing the drugs on the table. I flinched slightly, but shrugged the rest off. "You're going to end up hurting yourself more not to mention ruin your parents reputation. What do you think they would say if they saw you like this?" I looked over to Ryker who was staring at the floor. I felt guilt and shame run through my body. "I don't know what's got into the both of you lately. Everyone is starting to give up on you. Your friends already did, your family is questioning all of this--"

"What family!?" Ryker yelled. His face was red and the vein in his neck was protruding. "We don't have any fucking family! You think you're our family, but you're not! You're not even fucking related to us, but you try to act like you're our fucking parents!" I flinched at Ryker's words. He was taking it too far.

"No, I'm not your dad and Eleanor is not your mum, but the day you two were born I promised your mother and father I would take care of you both if anything ever happened to them; the day they died, I intended to keep that promise. If i don't start to see a change in both of your behaviors, I'll be forced to ship you off somewhere else. Somewhere excluded. Somewhere separated." I shuddered at the thought of being away from Ryker. I couldn't do it.

"I'm really sorry, Uncle Lou," I mumbled. I grabbed Ryker's hand and pulled him into my room.

"I'm sorry, Darcy. I don't know what got into me. I didn't mean to yell at Lou like that. I promise we won't be separated."

"Pinky promise?" I asked holding out my little finger. He nodded and wrapped his finger around mine.

"I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, so there's that. This is the third book in the Dear Darlin' trilogy. Obviously, as you read, there will be drugs involved with this story. I do not condone the behavior displayed in this book with drug usage. It actually very bad for you and I hope you all do not try it at any point in time.

For this book, updates will take longer than usual, you have to understand that I am in a new school and things are different for me. But with the longer time in between updates, I'm going to try to write longer chapters. I'm infamous in writing short chapters, so I'm hoping chapters will be longer. Please be patient with me. I'm going to try my best. I've never had a problem before with rude comments. I've actually never had a single rude comment. But I don't want it to start now.

Thank you for reading and I do hope you enjoy this xx

--Sierra xx