Chapter 17

Napoleon's Pov

It was Christmas Day. Everyone seemed to wake up at the same time the next morning. We all rushed into the living room and sat down on the floor, beside the tree. Everyone gathered the presents that belonged to them and we began to unwrap them.

I ended up getting a couple of ties from Gaby, some books from Illya, and more books from Shannon.

We ate breakfast and then around noon we cooked a large meal and sweets. I was trying to stir batter in a bowl but it kept flying everywhere. I yanked the spoon and batter flew all over my face. Illya started laughing at me. I wiped it off my face and Gaby took over the stirring.

Soon the feast was ready. We all sat down at the table and started digging in.

We soon finished and it was very late at night. I went into my bedroom. I entered the small bathroom and brushed my teeth. I then went back into the bedroom and threw on some pajamas. I turned around and noticed a box lying in the middle of my bed. I raised an eyebrow as I walked towards me bed and sat down on it.

I reached for the box. It was a blue box with a green ribbon wrapped around it. I unwrapped the ribbon slowly and lifted the top of the box off. I then looked in the box and saw a note. I pick up the note and flipped it open. It said:

I decided why not get you a gift you actually wanted instead of books? Hope you like it.

-Shannon

I raised an eyebrow as I pulled out the green tissue paper and lied it on the bed.
I looked into the box and smiled. I pulled out what was inside of it. It was the toy soldier I had seen at the shop, the one that looked like one I had when I was little. I held the wooden toy in my hand. I rotated it, inspecting every inch.

I placed the tissue paper and the note inside the box and placed the box under the bed. I grabbed the toy and lied it on my nightstand. I lied down on my bed and reached for the lamp switch. I turned off the lamp and the whole room was swamped in darkness.