Chapter 14 - Questions and Answer

Chapter 14 - Questions and Answers

Liana's Point of View

The calming sound of waves hitting the seashore could be heard around. The salty taste of air hit my nostrils calming my nerves.

I sighed and hug my self as a cool air hit me, making me shiver.

Something warm drape around my shoulder and look at it. It was a jacket.

I gaze at the figure behind me and gave him a small smile.

"Its cold." He stated.

"Yeah." I replied then gaze back at the beautiful sea.

I sighed again, satisfied on what I saw on the surroundings around me.

It was silent at first. No one spoke around us and I really want to break this ice. But I don't know when to start. I want to ask him questions that keeps on bothering inside my mind but I'm not sure what question to ask first.

I have millions, to be honest.

"I was on the clinic because your mother called me." Ashton spoke, breaking the ice around us.

Suddenly, the air changes its atmosphere from calming to tense. I did not spoke until he continued.

"Alex told me about your pregnancy." He shook his and chuckled. "He even beat me, saying how an asshole person I am."

I chuckled and muttered, "Well, I think you did deserve it."

"Yeah, I think I do too." He replied after a long silence.

"Why did you went to the clinic?" I asked.

"I don't know." I nodded my head. "I really don't know why. Maybe because its my responsibility to look after you since that child you're carrying is mine."

"So this is just about the child right?" I bluntly asked then regretted after.

Oh God! Of course he cares because its his child! Why am I expecting other things? Why am I expecting that he cares about me?

"Yeah." He replied emotionless.

I nodded my head then hug my self tighter because its getting cold. I put my hand on my stomach then smiled and watch the horizon. It is almost sun set.

I felt Ashton move but did not look up on to what he was doing.

Not until he whispered on my ear with his husky voice, making me shiver, "Can I hold it?"

I nodded my head as he went behind me. He put his arm around me then down on my stomach, drawing circles around it.

We stood like that for a while, watching the sun set and seagulls fly.

It was calming and quite, I don't know how many times I sighed until I fall asleep on Ashton's arms.

I didn't even know how I fell asleep standing but the last thing I remember is us watching the sun set.

**

Whispering woke me up from my sleep. I slowly opened my eyes and found that I was laying on Ashton's bed, I guess? I stood up then looked at outside through the window that was open.

Its already evening and its even colder now.

I went downstairs after closing the windows. The loud whispering is also there. It came from another room.