Chapter 38

reference video and image above

reference video and image above. to make it more imaginable. :) ctto

ORACLE OF THE DEAD
ZEREF's POINT OF VIEW

Circe chanted a spell to break the magic barriers of the opening of the labyrinth-like temple. May stairway na patungo sa crypts, or underground stone chamber.

"Creepy naman," sambit ni Diane.

Indeed, it was creepy. There were skulls around, and only few torches were lit. Napangiwi ako nang mapansin ang nakakaliyong amoy. I immediately covered my nose with cloth, and they did the same.

Nanlamig ako dahil na rin siguro sa mga ligaw na kaluluwa na hindi ko naman nakikita pa. Hindi pa sila nagpapakita.

Circe raised her wand, and the butterfly symbol on the tip of it suddenly came to life. It became a black butterfly with red glow.

"Lead us to the Oracle of the Dead," mahinang wika ni Circe sa paru-paro.

The butterfly and the sorceress led the way.

There were some unrecognizable whisperes that filled our ears. Maya't maya kong tinitingnan ang mga kasamahan ko upang mabantayan nang ayos. The girls, of course, were frightened by the whispers. Except for Diane, she looked bored.

Bahagya akong tumigil nang makakita ng phantom-like sa dulo ng pathway na 'to. There was a pool of blood beneath it. Then, I looked to the other side, and almost cursed when I thought I saw Xynthea.

Where might she be now?

Slowly, the phantoms and shades showed themselves to us. There were also skeletons, bones, and corpse. These have probably not passed the rivers to the Underworld.

"Semideus."

Naningkit naman ang mata ko nang marinig 'yon. Tumingin ako sa kanila, at narinig din nila 'yon.

The butterly stopped moving, and it also stopped glowing. It returned to the wand's tip. Have we already reached the Oracle? Pero pakiramdam ko, onti palang ang nalalakbay namin.

"Have you not heard of the rules upon entering the Nekromanteion?"

I turned to Circe, at halatang nagtaka siya na tila hindi naiintidihan ang sinasabi ng kung sino man. Umiling siya sa'min, at tinaas ang wand niya. Her white hair glowed.

"There are no such rules—"

"We have established a new one after you, Necroamacy Queen, have sent Odysseus here. Every word we utter must have a price. We have been punished by the Gods for uttering the future."

Now, I remember. Circe sent him here to seek the future by the means of the shade of Tiresais— a blind seer.

"What are the rules?" I asked.