Chapter 42

XYNTHEA
ZEREF's POINT OF VIEW

"Where is Xynthea?" tanong ko nang mapansing wala na siya sa tabi namin.

We are now in Tartarus. I realized that this is a memory from the 19th of June. I was with Gideon, Aster, and Diane.

Hades turned to us, then looked around. Wala nga siya. Wala si Xynthea, pero ni hindi ko nga naaalalang kasama namin siya rito. That only means she was really removed from our memories.

"Thanatos," tawag ni Hades.

"What?"

"We must find her. Never let her near Cronus," sagot ni Hades. Nagkatinginan naman kaming mga Semideuses.

Nakaalis na si Hades at Thantaos, at akmang hahanapin na rin naman si Xynthea nang biglang may tumawag sa'min.

"Semideuses," a soft voice called. We all turned to the direction of the voice. It was an unknown face, but we acted like we knew her.

"Metis," bati ni Aster. Metis? The one that my mother mentioned. I watched her closely, and she resembled both Athena and Xynthea.

She was covered with a cloak, and then she quietly walked towards us.

"The Olympian Gods knew," bungad na wika niya.

"Alin?" tanong ni Diane. "That Xynthea is your daughter with Zeus?"

What? We already knew it back then? Tumango si Metis sa'min, "Yes. They overheard my conversation with Mnemosyne. I have to go, but please... please help me protect her. The Olympians are already on their way here."

Bago siya umalis, may binilin pa siya. "Then if you survive, go to Mnemosyne, and she will know what to do. Please do your best."

Nawala na siya, at nilabas na agad ni Diane ang espada niya. "Ibig niyang sabihin, dapat nating kalabanin ang mga Diyos."

My eyes squinted. So, this was it. This was the reason why Gideon almost died. Then, blurry memories passed through. We were able to delay the Olympians from killing Xynthea, and we escaped them— wounded and out of energy. It was chaotic.

Gideon was left. Pinarusahan siya ng sarili niyang ama, Hephaestus. Hindi malinaw ang lahat ng nangyari, so I guess Mnemosyne's only returning the memories that are important.

That was also the moment we first met Irish and Llyr. Irish helped us escape and move to Mnemosyne's island, and Llyr protected and healed us.

But it seems like they've forgotten about this too.

Nakita naman namin si Mnemosyne. She was still okay and healthy-looking here, like a real Titaness. Mukha namang nakuha na niya agad ang nagyayari, at pumasok sa loob ng templo.

We all followed her inside.

Wala naman sa wisyo akong nagsalita. Tss, of course this is a memory. Everything I'll do will be out of my present will.

"What shall we do, Mnemosyne?" tanong ko.

Mnemosyne turned to us, "You must listen carefully, Semideuses. There was a misunderstanding, and it is too late to fix it."

"What misunderstanding is it?" Damon asked.

The Titaness sighed, "Xynthea is not a prophesied child. The second child must be a son, not a daughter. This only means that she is not a threat. She is not someone who could overthrow Zeus."

Napasinghap si Aster, "Then... she might be killed for a wrong accusation!"

Tumango si Mnemosyne, "Exactly. That is why we need to erase her from the memories of others because we have no time now. Kung makakalimutan siya ng lahat, magkakaroon tayo ng oras to prove that she is not a threat. She will be safe from then on."