Chapter 5

{{SO LAST UPDATE I HAD 250 READS! And now there's 950+ like what even. Thank you xx please vote and comment your thoughts :) }}

Amarni's POV:

So it's been over a month now, since I've been on my break from Zayn. I decided on the Whitsunday's in Australia for my getaway location. I also managed to land a part-time job on Daydream Island as a receptionist for the hotel, I stay in the staff houses on the Island as well. It's beautiful. Breathtaking actually. And totally Zayn free. It's heaven, peaceful and I've made quite a number of friends, a lot of them have worked here for a number of years, unlike me.

But if I'm totally honest, it's not as satisfying as I thought it would be. I can't quite put my finger on what I'm not enjoying but I push the thoughts away as I take my seat behind the counter for my 10 am shift, ready for another day of borderline boredom. Working the counter is always the most boring part of the day, make that the most boring job in the whole resort, its definitely not everyone's first pick. The doors open and in walks in my friend, Layla. I give a quick wave in her direction before logging onto the computer and searching the system for today's arrivals. As I'm scrolling through the time of arrivals I hear a tapping sound at the desk.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't see you walk in." I chuckle and turn around on my swivel chair and roll over to the front desk to where the customer is waiting. I can't see much of the guests features as they have a black thick hoodie pulled over their face with dark sunglasses covering their eyes. I don't ask questions but I feel for the guy, it's bloody hot outside and he's here dressed in all black.

"Last name?" I ask politely and turn my attention to the computer to type the check-in details.

"Um..." I hear a thick British accent and suddenly I'm very alert. I sneak a quick glance trying not to look too suspicious. I take in his features, well when i say features i mean his body structure and what's not covered. My pulse quickens and the hairs on my neck stand with all the electricity in my body. It couldn't be. No. I study the guest further, and thank god that through his shades he wouldn't be able to see my staring. Zayn has a smaller figure. Not as bulk. False alarm, I think to myself. I turn my head and refocus on the computer. Is this guy going to take all day to tell me his name?

"Malik. Zayn Malik, it should be for a private suite."

My mouth drops and I swore my heart stopped for several beats. My fingers are unable to type, words are unable to fall out of my mouth. But my mind. My mind is going mental, several questions pop up at one time, thousands per second. Did he realize it was me? Oh god, did he come to find me? To apologize? What if he wants to get back together? Am I ready for that?

"Oh and I was wondering if you could send someone to take mine and my partner's bags to our room?" his deep soothing voice had the same overwhelming effect on me as it did only months ago. My heart was already melting just knowing that he was in front of me after what feels like decades.

Wait, did he say partner?! Partner. As in, a girlfriend. A girl that isn't me. A girl that his management approved of, something I was never blessed with. She's probably drop dead gorgeous, and famous, someone who would be socially acceptable. How silly of me, to think he missed me. As if he would come looking for me, that'd be too much wasted time for his busy schedule and newfound love. I best just keep my mouth shut.

"Y-y-yes um I c-can get someone for I'm that." I blink several times and scold myself for that stupid stutter, I type his name into the system.

"Your room is number 101, enjoy your stay." I hand him the keys and avoid all interaction. He doesn't seem to remember my voice, that's a real self esteem kill. There wasn't even a hint of recognition playing on those beautiful facial features. Dammit I was looking again. I mentally slap myself and sit back in my chair.

"Thank y-" he lifts his sunglasses off of his eyes for a split second until those gorgeous orbs land on my tiny frame. "A-A-Amarni?" He looks relieved. Relieved?! He has gone several months without even trying to contact me, and yet he stands before me looking as though he's spent his whole life on a quest to find me. Well if I ever.

I don't know what to do. I stand there frozen, completely baffled. I'm done for. All these months of waiting, and he decides to come into my life a month after I finally decide to move on. I guess that's the question though. As I look into his beautiful blazing eyes, the only question is.

Have I really moved on?