Chapter 7

{{GUYS WTF 4.1K READS? How did this happen?! Here's your long overdue update}}

Amarni's POV:

I looked up at Zayn then to this gorgeous petite girl with purple hair standing in front of us. I had seen her on TV but I couldn't remember her name, but let me tell you, she was beautiful.

I instantly let go of Zayn and an awkward squeak left my lips. My cheeks heated up straight away as I sat back in my chair. This shouldn't be happening. My subconscious already stating the facts.

What was happening? Zayn walked over to the girl slightly dazed. "Perrie, this is Amarni." he stated slowly, as if he was trying to wrap his own head around his words.

She looked at him then to me then back to Zayn. She whispered something inaudible to Zayn and he stiffened at her words. I had a sudden urge to find out what she said but I knew that there was no way that she would allow it, judging by her strong glare that landed on me. She didn't attempt to say hello to me nor did I her. She just continued to glare at me whenever she had the chance.

I quickly looked back to my computer pretending to be busy. "Amarni?" I heard a female voice behind me. I turned and was greeted with the familiar face of Jade, my co worker. She was on the shift after me which meant that I could go now. "You're finally free!" she laughed attempting a joke. However I found myself thinking if only. With a little sigh I stood up and grabbed my bag.

Zayn and Perrie were still standing in the lobby when I stood up to leave. They seemed to be bickering back and forth quietly, and if I admit it, I was pleased in a way.

Zayn looked at me and it was as if we were having a conversation. As if to say he was sorry. For everything that happened. For bringing the purple haired girl to my island. For not being with me. I simply nodded my head and broke the eye contact by walking away.

"I don't get it. She's so..... ugly." I heard Perrie say before I exited the room. It stung. Did Zayn think I was ugly?

A wave of self consciousness smacked me in the face and I briskly jogged to the nearest bathroom. I looked in the mirror and examined my face closely. I'm pretty. I'm pretty. I'm worth it. I'm worth living. I repeat my therapists words in my head.

Yes, I have a therapist. Could you blame me? The stress of having to be perfect all the time and knowing that you weren't quite enough is soul crushing. I haven't had to visit Jane, the therapist, for a solid two weeks. Which I think is great. But here we have this spoiled, purple-haired, talented beautiful girl ripping down my confidence.

I look at the pills in my bag then to the mirror. The meal suppressants seem like the better option rather than the beef burger I was considering for lunch. And just like that I pop the pill and walk back out of the bathroom.

Zayn and Perrie have left now, probably going to enjoy each others company in their $7,000 per night suite. Something I could only dream of affording.

I stroll back to the staff huts and into my room where I decide to change and go for a run. A nice healthy run never hurt anyone. Burn a few calories, let my mind run loose. Forget about everything all over again.