Chapter 8

The day passed by slower than I wanted it too. Then again I was a hybrid meaning my world happened faster than a humans but slower then a full fledged vampire. I was sitting in my last class that seemed to just purposely slow down to piss me off.

This was my AP French class. Sure enough I admired the culture since my mother was 2/3 French but learning something I already knew and something that I had learned 20 times before from my family was annoying to me non-the-less. I let my head fall into my hands and groaned slightly. From the cracks between my fingers I was able to see Rome looking at me.

I pushed my hair back away from my face -not like it needed to be- and looked over at Rome. 'I'm fine' I mouthed.

He nodded and tore a piece of paper from his spiral notebook before he began scribbling down a note which he then passed to me under the desk. I took it and read it.

'You okay?' it said.

I took my pencil and scribbled back a reply to him. 'I'm fine I just feel like my day is slowing down.' I wrote before I passed it back to him.

He read it and replied before passing it back. 'I know how you feel. Everyday it feels the same. It's like reliving something you've already done.' He had written.

I looked at him and smiled. How weird is it that he knew how I felt. Coincidence?

Then the bell rang and I groaned loudly before tossing my things in my bag before I rose to my feet. One hour and then I have practice. Was I nervous? Possibly. But at the moment I didn't really have anything on my mind but my party.

I walked from the class and made my way outside where I set off for the woods which looked inviting. I liked nature so being around some evergreen trees and moist dirt would be a bit of a TLC that I needed badly. Being locked up in a class for 7 hours a day was like torture. I felt like a bird in a cage, I needed to spread my wings.

Five minutes later I was standing at the edge of the forest. I took a seat against a tall tree and closed my eyes. It was so relaxing and the smell of the pines nearby was like an intoxicating perfume that beckoned me to stay. I wish I could stay, forever in this one spot but in less than an hour I would have to go to football practice. Great, why did I even try out for the team? Was it just to prove that boy Kyle or whatever his name was wrong? Absolutely, I made a mental note to have more restraint when it came to feeling challenge. Women like myself shouldn't have to prove themselves worthy of something.

I opened my eyes and looked around. The parking lot was slowly emptying as students left for the end of the day. The cars that remained were more than likely owned by those on a sports team. It was a Friday. I know weird right? ForksHigh school was the only school to be known for opening the beginning semesters in the middle of the week. Well at least that called for a early weekend. A little over a week left until my party. How would I even begin to plan something that is supposed to be the least bit fun?

My phone began to ring and I waited a few seconds as I listened to the ring tone. It was Poison singing Sweet Cherry Pie meaning only one thing, Alice was calling me. I laughed before I answered the phone.

"Alice" I giggled into the receiver.

"I take it you heard the new ringtone." She commented.

Alice had a tendancy to change and customize my ring tones. Each family member had a personal ring tone. My fathers ring tone was Jay-z's 99 problems. The day that went off on me I was in my bedroom reading when I started hearing music and then out of no where I hear the words 'I got 99 problems and a bitch ain't one.'. When mom found out she flipped completely and had him change it but then he changed it back. This had been an on going thing for a month before she finally let him keep it. My mother Rosalie's ring tone was Shakira's La Tortura her and my father danced to it every Friday night in some complicated seductive salsa dance.