Chapter 21

It had been 5 months since Rome had made a promise to me that things would get better. Just like he promised they did, with the exception of a few angry spurts here and there. Still, he never laid one finger on me. My pregnancy was flourishing beautifully and to our luck there were no complications like that of my aunt Bella. My stomach was now large with life, any moment I was due.

"It's going to be a boy." Rome smirked as he felt the baby kick.

I sighed as it slightly hurt and then allowed a smile in his direction.

"Well, he or she is definitely a great kicker." I replied. "I just want the baby to have 10 fingers and 10 toes."

This was my first child and I had no idea how to be a mother or where to even start. The only thing I knew was that I had to protect my child with my life. I placed my hand on my stomach and began rubbing it. Soon I began humming and found myself closing my eyes.

Rome pressed his lips to my forehead and told me to rest while he went hunting and so I did. Once the door was closed I found myself wishing, wanting to be with my family. Then I remembered my gift and then realized that my parents hadn't seen me since the last time I visited them. I could imagine how worried they are right now.

Just like the other times I calmed my mind and began wishing I could go home. Because I was so anxious to tell them everything it took alot more time then normal which was frustrating. Soon enough my body began the fading before I found myself standing in my house again.

"Mom, dad!" I called out as I headed through the house.

In under a second they were standing right before me.

"You are here! Oh my goodness I've been so worried, Alice couldn't see you anymore and I thought you were dead." My mother rambled on. Her eyes then fell to my large stomach. "You are so big, when are you due?"

"More importantly when are you coming home, we miss you and want you back." My father jumped in.

I looked at them with a blank expression before I slowly shook my head.

"Mom, dad, I won't be coming home. Rome and I we are in love and things are better now. He takes care of me and the baby." I whispered.

"He hit you!" My father shouted.

I took a step back.

"This is my life, I'm not a child anymore." I told them. "You can't tell me what to do anymore."

"You are 16 years old-" My mother argued.

"-Was mom, I was 16 years old 184 years ago. I'm 201 years old. I'm old enough to drive if I want, move out, get married, have sex!" I hissed. "You can't treat me like a baby."

I watched as my mother broke down into her dry sobbing in my fathers chest and I immeadiately felt bad. After all she had done for me, I was treating her like this.

"Mom, I'm sorry okay. I just need to be here with my husband." I replied.

"But he hits you..." She sobbed.

"Mom, he hasn't hit me in over 5 months, he said he would never do it again and he has kept that promise." I defended. "I got to go" I said before I allowed myself to come back to the present.

I opened my eyes and looked around the cold stoned room. This place would be where I would raise my child his or her entire life. I didn't like the idea of them watching humans being eaten and disapproved of them drinking human blood. The way I would be raising my child isn't what I ever imagined in my life. I imagined a normal home with normal things and a tire swing. A place close to my family, a place where I didn't need to feel afraid for myself or my child.

I rose up and sat on the edge of the bed, rubbing my stomach gently. If Rome truly loved me he would want me to be happy and to feel safe. That got me wondering what he would say if I told him I wanted 'us' as a family to move back to Forks Washington to raise our child.

"Rome." I said plainly.

In mere seconds the bedroom door opened and in walked my husband. He smiled when he saw me and quickly placed his hand on my stomach.

"How was your rest?" He asked me.

I yawned once.

"Well it could have been better but I couldn't sleep. I've been thinking, what would you say about us moving back to your home in Forks?" I asked cautiously.

For several minutes he was silent and this unnerved me. I wondered what was going on in his mind, what was he thinking. Most of all was he angry.

"Would that make you happy?" He finally asked me after his silence.

A small smile formed on my face as I nodded my head.

"It would definitely make me happy." I replied.

He hugged me quickly.

"I'll go and talk to my father and see what he thinks. Any changes like this needs to go through all the members of the Coven." He said before walking from the room.

So this was it, he just had to ask the others and gain their approval. Suddenly it dawned on me, what if Aro didn't want me to leave, then what would we do? I didn't want to be stuck here forever and I also didn't want my child stuck in this life forever.

"Please, please, please, just let us leave." I chanted over and over. "Please please please I'll do anything."

After five minutes the bedroom door opened and in walked my husband, Aro, and Felix. I felt my heart drop as they made their way towards me, I couldn't breath.

"Aro, Felix." I greeted as smoothly as I could. Raising to my feet I bowed to each of them.

"Juliet, Rome has come to us to ask that the two of you return to the home in Forks is that correct?" Felix asked me.

"Yes, I mean certainly it is correct sir." I replied.

"We have debated and there are a few who oppose but the ending decision falls with me-" Aro began. "I grant you this but know that we will check up on you to see what has become of the child." he said.

He reached his hand forward and rested it on my stomach. I heard him sigh dreamily before he turned and strode away. Felix gave me a stern nod before he followed.

I stood there in the room with my husband, my mind was still trying to comprehend what it knew. It knew I was going home, that what I wanted was being fullfilled but for some reason I didn't want to believe any of it until I was in the arms of my parents.

What would they say about Rome coming with me and me living with him in our own home. Would they kill him or force him to leave or will they make me come back to live with them. I knew I wouldn't allow them to make my choices for me. I knew what I wanted and it was to be a family, to have my child know its father. I wasn't going to accept anything less.