Chapter Five

The dreams continued for weeks after that, and Dan became more and more confused as time went on. He had just awoken from another one when his phone dinged with a text from his best friend Amethyst, and he groaned as he rolled over.

Ame: hey loser. You can sleep in today bc me and Al are taking you to school
D: thanks am
Ame: yeah. Dreams stop?
D: I wish, but no. It's getting bad. Happened in class yesterday
Ame: dammit and I wasn't there!
D:someone heard me making noise or something and he sent me to the health room.
Ame: that's amazing and terrible
D: ikr
Ame: get some more sleep, and keep your mind away from fanfic
D: will try

He out his phone away and rolled back over, his eyes closing but sleep evading him. Finally he got up and showered, feeling slightly better since he wasn't rushed then straightened his hair out, dressing himself in a black shirt with black skinny jeans and a pair of shoes his mum had bought for him the day before that were black with golden zips in unconventional places. Once done, he sprayed himself with deodorant and then headed outside just as Amethyst and her boyfriend Alex came roaring up to the pavement. "Come on!" The purple headed girl said with a grin, her once no doubt perfect black lipstick smeared across her cheek. He rolled his eyes and climbed in to see Alex had a large black mark on his lips, and made a gagging noise in the back of his throat as Alex's brown eyes met his own.

When they arrived at school Dan jumped out, Amethyst following after fixing her markup and kissing Alex goodbye. "Ready?" She asked and he rolled his eyes. "Don't remind me." As they walked, Dan ran into the one person he was dreading, Phil. "Sorry sir" the brunette said sheepishly, and Phil gave a refuel grin. "It's okay Dan." He said cheekily, just as the other English teacher Mrs. Radke appeared next to him, her fire red hair just reaching his shoulder. "Hey Ame." She grinned and the girl rushed her aunt in a hug. "Hey Lee. Gotta go!" She chirped then dragged Dan to their first class, which was of course English.

Class went by at a snails pace, and Dan found himself texting Amethyst, who was much better at hiding her phone than he.
D: this class will be the death of me
Ame: it's the ass isn't it?
D: I swear your gayer than me
Ame: Alex would disagree with that.
D: ewwww
D:Ame
D:Ame
Ame: Lester comin up the aisle.

Dan looked up just in time to meet Phil's electric blue eyes, and quickly attempted to put his phone away. "Phone Howell." Phil snapped and the boy raised a eyebrow. "Phone? What phone?" He asked and Phil rolled his eyes. "Phone or detention."

Dan sighed and handed the phone over, which was vibrating uncontrollably think as to Amethyst. As Phil read the messages on the lock screen, a smile played on his lips. "Detention it is."