Epilogue: Back Once More?

In the farthest reaches of the Unmappable End, in a meadow that would take weeks to find coming from any direction, the Great Dooku Tree reached menacingly into the sky. Fortunately, Link had simply needed to cast Farore's Wind again to come back to the exact place he had last cast it, rather than hike for weeks once again with barely any food, water, or medicine.

As he looked more closely at it, Link realized that this Dooku Tree looked a lot like the Deku Tree in terms of size. It was the same height as the Deku Tree Link had known, and its trunk was the same width and shape as the Deku Tree. The only differences were that the Dooku Tree didn't have a large, elderly face on its front or brownish-gray bark. And as Link walked warily around it, he saw that there was a small hole at the base near the back of the tree, something not even he, Navi, or Dooku could have noticed before. Link could sense that it was an entrance to the inside of the tree. He figured that if the Great Deku Tree had a complex interior within its trunk, the Great Dooku Tree likely would as well.

"What do you think is in there, Navi?" he asked curiously.

Navi shivered. "I'm not sure I want to know, but we might have to find out anyway. If we really want to completely save Hyrule from the influence of the Dark Side of the Force, we need to get rid of its source. We have to find the root of the darkness... which is probably in the roots of this tree."

Link walked up to the hole in the tree, contemplating entering it. It would probably be like entering one of the temples or dungeons he'd been in before, filled with all sorts of strange creatures or traps. Or maybe there would be nothing inside, and it would be easy destroying the darkness within. The only way to find out would be to go inside.

"So..." he said, "..to Castle Town? If I'm going in this tree, I'll need to get a new shield, a refill on my potions, and a new supply of Deku nuts."

"Yup," Navi said. "This will be like going on yet another adventure on a different world, right? Only this time, I get to discover the world with you."

Link nodded and smiled at Navi. He was glad to have her with him. He was never going to let any harm come upon her or anyone he knew again. The darkness at the source of the Great Dooku Tree had to be eradicated, and only the Light Side could do that.

"Alright, then," Link said, preparing to cast Farore's Wind again. "To Castle Town again, and then back here again. It's about time we go inside this Dooku Tree and see what the Dark Side really looks like."

"Then let's do it!" Navi exclaimed, probably with more enthusiasm than she really felt.

They were going to enter the Great Dooku Tree and discover the true nature of the Dark Side of the Force. And then they were going to save Hyrule from it.

Thanks for reading this strange little story of mine! I hope you enjoyed it!