Chapter nineteen

Chapter nineteen.

'Let's go to robs.' I said sitting up.

'You want to go to a crazy guys house?' Anna said questioning me.

'She was there, or maybe is still there. Let's go downstairs.' I said getting up off the bed. I jogged downstairs to go get Jude.

'Wait!' Anna said running after me.

'Jude you ready to go?' I said calling out to him.

I walked into the kitchen to see Jude laid calmy on the sofa, like nothing was happening. His tiny little legs stretched as far as they could go, and his cute puffy face smiled at me as he noticed me.

Danias mum walked in sight, putting a blanket softly over Jude's legs.

'Hey.' I said quietly.

'Oh did you find anything?' Danias mum asked.

'Not really.' I said walking into the kitchen taking a seat on one of the high chairs.

'Perhaps we should ring the police.' Dainas mum said walking frantically to the phone.

The choice of ringing the police, or going to Robs house pondered in my mind for a few seconds, as I stared at Daina's mum blankly.

'Are you sure ringing the police is the best idea?' Anna quickly said running down the stairs.

'What else are we supposed to do An?' I asked.

'The only other option is Robs.' I said.

'Right, and what are we supposed to do until they find her? Wait around?' Anna asked leaning on the stair case.

'The police will be able to do a better job than us three.' Daina's mum said waiting for the phone to ring.

'Four.' Jude said popping his head up.

'Sorry dear, four of us.' Daina's mum corrected.

'The police are trained in this sort of stuff. We can tell them all the information we know, the texts, calls, and then hopefully they'll find her in time for her shift tomorrow.' I said trying to make light of the situation.

'This isn't funny Rune.' Anna said crossly.

'An I'm not trying to be funny, I'm trying to be practical, sort of. The police will be able to track her phone, or find out who the last people she phoned were, things like that, things we can't do ourselves.' I said trying to convince myself it was the right idea.

'I guess so. I just hope she's alright.' She'll be okay, she'll probably be lying in bed somewhere, snoozing the day away.' I said smiling at Anna.

'Yeah, or arguing with an old lady somewhere about how long she's taking to walk.' Anna said laughing sitting on the sofa with Jude.

'Or just bunking off work because she has a headache.' I said sitting beside her, cuddling her arm.

'Yes hello, police please.' Daina's mum suddenly said.

I smiled at Anna, reassuring her everything was going to be okay.

'Yes hi. My daughter didn't come home last night, and her friends had come over this morning saying the last time they heard anything from her was last night. I believe she was suppose to be in work this morning, but she hasn't shown up there, and we can't get in contact with her.' Daina's mum said calmly.

'Tell them that she sounded worried last night, like she didn't want to be somewhere.' I said quickly.

'My daughters friend said she sounded worried last night too.' Daina's mum added on.