Chapter twenty-five

Chapter twenty five.

'Vroom! Vrrrooommm!' The sound came from Jude's room woke me up.

I opened my eyes slowly, and turned over to check the time.

8:31am, I gradually sat up, and went to check on Jude.

'Boom!' Jude shouted.

He was sat, on his bedroom floor, playing with his toy cars.

'Morning.' I said, wiping my eyes.

'Morning!' Jude said.

'Time to get ready, I need to go to work soon.' I said.

'Ok.' Jude said, putting his toys down.

'Do your bed, and get some nice clothes on, and when I'm ready, I'll make you some breakfast, yeah?' I said.

'Yep.' Jude said, already starting on his bed.

I walked out his room, and went straight back into mine, and turned on the shower. I opened the curtains, and was welcomed by a bright sky, and huggable fluffy clouds. I looked at my work clothes, and it reminded me of Daina. I checked my phone, but I knew there wasn't going to be a reply. I quickly showered, did my tooth brush, and put my work clothes on. I tied my hair up in a peach scrunchy, and looked in the mirror. I smiled at myself, and quickly put a dab of moisturizer on my face, and hands.

'Ready for breakfast?' I called out to Jude.

'Alredy dwn stairs Rune!' Jude called back.

I peeked in Jude's room, the bed cover was neatly tucked in, and all his toys were away. I jogged downstairs and saw Jude sitting on the sofa, waiting for breakfast.

'You're getting quicker than me.' I joked.

Jude nodded his head giving me a big grin.

'What do you want for breakfast?' I asked, opening up the cereal cupboard.

'Chocolate crunch? Sweet sams? Sugar chomps? Oats and hazelnut?' I asked.

'Ummmmm, Sams and crunch.' He said, still grinning.

'Both?!' I said.

'Alright.' I said pouring out a bit of both into his bowl.

'You can put the TV on while you eat if you want.' I said.

He reached for the remote and turned on the cartoon channel.

I poured in the milk, and popped a little tea spoon in bowl.

'I think it's about time we get you into school.' I said bringing the bowl to him.

'Yeah, and then maybe, I cn mk friends.' He said, putting a huge spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

'We'll work on it after I've come home. But for now, quickly finish that and get your coat and shoes on.' I said scoffing down a bowl myself.

We both finished off our cereal, and got ready to leave the house. I turned off all the lights, and made sure everything was locked, and secure.

'Right, go on then.' I said, scooting him out of the door.

I locked up, and leant down to him.

'Go on, knock on her door, I'll watch you from here.' I said giving him his bag.

'Ok.' He said giving me a hug.

I stood up and watched him run over to next door. She opened the door and waved at me, and Jude went inside.