Chapter Nine: Memories

"What are you going to do? Simply making faces and standing like that won't help you!" Vanilla Blossom cackled, gazing down at the eight ponies.

But Purple Palette was determined. Although they were ants compared to the princess, she knew there must be another way. She knew that even though everyone else had run inside to hide, she and her friends stayed there. They stayed there because they could do it.

Suddenly, Vanilla Blossom's eyes glowed a brilliant blue, and her horn started to buzz. Sparks shot forward, and she opened her mouth wide. Everypony could see her teeth were sharp as a dagger, and reminded them of nightmare moon.

"Oh no," Her voice boomed. Purple Palette and her friends were brought up into the air, and flung across the school. As they fell, they were lucky enough to have pegasi in their midst. Just in the nick of time, they were caught. Vanilla growled in anger, and stomped, creating a great shake in the ground.

They flew to Vanilla Blossom's head, and distracted her, while the others grabbed a severed rope from below. "Do it!" Gray yelled, and Vanilla Blossom looked down just in time to see the ponies tie the rope around her hooves.

"No!"

They pulled with all their might, but it wasn't enough. "Help!" Purple and the others yelled. Suddenly, ponies from inside the school rushed out to aid the eight friends. With all the magic and might of the entire school, Vanilla Blossom was no match for them. She tripped and started to fall.

With a mighty crash, she landed in the middle of the field. "Haha!" She cackled, smugly gazing down at them. "You think tripping me once is going to help you?"

In a shock of pure horror, Purple Palette realized that there was truly nothing they could do. They were so weak compared to her. "Why are you even doing this? What was the point?" She yelled.

"You know what you did." Vanilla growled, her teeth once again showing.

"No, I don't. All I know is that you somehow know what happened to me, but how am I supposed to know what happened to you?"

Vanilla seemed taken aback. She shrunk, and for one small moment. It seemed as though it was over. Then, she glowed once again and opened her mouth.

"How old are you, Pastel?"

"13"

Vanilla Blossom sneered at the pony. "Let it sink in..."

Suddenly, the world spun and turned, as Purple remembered something.

"On August 22nd, Vanilla Blossom was killed."

"She's been dead for 13 years, Purple"

"Assassinated..."

"Happy birthday..."

"You're finally 13!"

Purple Palette staggered back, feeling as though her hooves may give way.

"How, what?"

Vanilla shrunk back to normal size, emitting a light so bright that the friends felt it may burn their eyes.

"You were born an alicorn, Pastel."

Purple growled. That's not my name...

"That's suspicious, don't you think?"

Purple Palette screamed, almost in pain. "I'm not a PRINCESS, I'm not ROYALTY, I can barely even... fly. It's a COINCIDENCE."

"No... It's not." Vanilla summoned a pendant, and that brought back some bad memories. Purple wasn't sure where she'd seen it, but it was like a yin-yang, one side was green and purple while the other side was brown and blue.

Before they could get answers, Vanilla Blossom teleported away, and a wave of blue light passed through the heads of the school. Afterwards, everypony but the eight was confused, and stumbling, they had forgotten!

Finally, it was over... The eight ponies looked at eachother, then down at the gemstone.