chap|five

Second Chances

Onyell

I woke up this morning still shocked from the phone call I received from Kordell yesterday. I would have never thought he would call me or to even want to meet with me to talk face to face.

I don't know how this is going to end up but at the end of the day I'll do what I have to do when it comes to pooh. Even if that means looking her no good ass father in his face and listen to him explain why he waited 9 months to step up.

Once I was up I made up my bed and walked into my bathroom. I did my morning routine and jumped in the shower trying to relax my body and mind for this long day ahead.

I had a few last minute things to do for pooh and with her due any day I needed to go ahead and get it done. After washing, I stepped out of the shower grabbing my robe and stepped into my room to find something comfortable to put on for today.

I pulled out a pair of Victoria Secret lace boy shorts and I moisturized with my body cream and coco butter. I got up from the bed and found me a long red halter maxi dress which showed off my big belly. After cleaning up the mess I made, I grabbed my phone while slipping on my slippers and turning my bedroom light off.

I walked down to the room that was right next to mine. I opened the door admiring the pale pink walls that had silver stars painted everywhere and above her crib was a large monogram of my baby girl's name.

The translucent crib and matching changing table brought a modern and bright feel to the room. In the corner of her room sat a book case full with an array of baby books a learning activities for her once she got older. Long white drapes hung from the ceiling covering up the large window that sat behind them.

I sat down in the white rocking chair looking over the room, proud of what I put together for pooh. I got up from the chair walking into her closet deciding what things to pack into her hospital bag.

Pooh had more than enough clothes. It was either what Bria and I had bought for her or clothes from when Bria threw me a surprise baby shower and our coworkers bought her as gifts.

I grabbed an all white onesie that read "I'm Beautiful Just Like Mommy!" in pink script with the matching hat, socks, and pants with extra onesies just in case. I grabbed a couple of diapers, wipes, and two blankets one pink and the other grey that I got embroidered with her name on them.

I folded everything up and packed up all her things before putting them in her all white baby tote bag. I picked up her car seat that sat in the corner of her room with her bag and brought them downstairs to sit by my garage door so I could put them in my car.

Heading over to the kitchen I started fixing me and pooh some breakfast. I didn't want anything heavy so I made a mixed fruit salad with whip cream on top. On the side I added a cup of strawberry yogurt and a bottle of water.

I took my food into the living room and propped my feet up on the table. As I got comfortable I placed my bowl on top of my belly while grabbing the remote turning it on and finding something to watch. As I channel surfed I felt my phone ding from beside me. I looked down at it and it was a text from Bria.

😍💁🏽 Baddy Bri:What's up baby mama?

Me:Nothing much me and pooh are eating breakfast right now.