chap|seven

22 Year Old Grandma

One year Later

Onyell

I walked in pooh's room watching her in her crib. She was making little noises and giggles to herself. I looked over at her in the bed and she had her toes in her mouth.

"Look at mama's pooh in here eating her toes!" I said lifting her up and placing her in my arms. I kissed her all over her face. She laughed and giggled trying to kiss me back with her mouth open letting drool come out.

"You trying to kiss mommy back? I better be the only one you kissing." I said laying her down on her changing table.

"Can you say ma ma. Huh. Say good morning mommy." I said watching her clap her hands and play with her baby bracket on her wrist.
"Ma....Da" I rolled my eyes and smiled as she did her baby talk. "Yeah. Ma ma no da."

"No she right da da and da da better be the only boy lee baby kiss." Kordell said walking in her room shirtless with only basketball shorts and socks on.

"Ain't that right lee baby." He said picking her up as I threw away her dirty diaper and throwing her night shirt in her hamper. Her face lit up once she saw her father. "Da da......da." She said as he kissed all over her face. "Lee" is what Kordell calls our daughter since he says he doesn't like calling her pooh cause it sounds like I'm calling her poo poo. 🙄

And I know what your thinking...no me and Kordell are not together. He's only here because today's pooh's birthday and we decided to have her party at my house to make it easier on me rather than to go all the way to Nola.

Kordell still lives there and I'm totally fine with that. We decided that even though we still have love for each other we would only co-parent for pooh. We're close enough that I've met the girl he's been dating. I made sure I got to know her before I let pooh around her since pooh stays with him some times during the off season.
Pooh lives with me full time and I found a way to take care of her and still be able to work so everything is going great.

"Did you check everything off on the list that I gave you?"

I asked Kordell to call and make sure the cake, food, and bouncy house people were here on time.

"Yeah everything is good. Calm down ma we got this under control. I don't want you worrying all day. Enjoy yourself and have some fun."

"Yeah your right. Can you take her down stairs and feed her while I call Bria? When your done can you bring her back up so we can take a bath?"

"Yeah I got you. Come on lee baby let's go eat eat." He said kissing her cheek and walking out taking her down stairs. 

I straightened up her bed cleaning up a bit and taking her clothes out that she's gonna wear for her party.

I took out her one piece white bathing suit with her matching flip flops and a swimmers pamper. Over her swimming clothes I got her a oversized onesie that I got for her that said "Today's My Birthday".

I brought her clothes into my room and laid them on my bed. I went into my closet taking out my matching bathing suit to pooh's with my pink fitted t shirt dress to cover up so I didn't have to walk around in just my bathing suit all day and my pink fenty slides.