chap|fourteen

Playing Games

Bria

"Shit."

This is the second time I done got popped trying to fry this damn bacon. Y'all already know I don't cook but, the way Bradley put it down last night I decided to get up and cook him some breakfast.

I turned around to take the toast out the toaster and that's when the fire alarms started going off.

"Oh shit."

When I turned around the bacon was burning and it was smoke everywhere. I grabbed a dish towel from the drawer and tried to fan the smoke away to clear the air. I heard Bradley running down the stairs, when he saw me he started laughing.

"It's not funny." I said straight facing him.

"The one time I try cooking for you the shit burn up."

"Babe you don't have to cook for me. Expectually if your cooking means burning down your house." He said with a chuckle.

I mean I already know that I can't cook but at least I tried. Men think automatically every woman knows how to cook but I don't. I mean I can cook some mean ass roman noodles and when it comes to take out I know a good restaurant for anything you craving.

I sent Bradley back to bed while I cleaned up the kitchen. As I washed the dishes I thought about the mess I made. I'm no basic bitch that depends on others to do things for me and I refuse to have my man cooking every single meal. I gotta find a way to learn how to cook.

I made Bradley and I a bowl of cereal and took it up to my room. Bradley was laying in the bed fully dressed. He already changed the sheets on the bed and washed up for the day. This man just blows my mind.

"Here babe." I handed him his bowl and sat down next to him on the bed. He leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"Thanks babe. Let's talk for a minute."
He turned the tv down and I turned around sitting Indian style facing him.

"I don't want you to think that you have to do things for me that you normally don't. I want you to know that I love you no matter what. Even if you do burn bacon." He laughed and I smiled.

"Thanks babe." I leaned over and we kissed passionately.

We turned back and I cuddled up to him. I looked up and smiled as he watched the tv. I really do love this man.

When we met back in college I would have never thought we would be here in my bed going strong for the last four months. At times I wished I would have given him a chance a long time ago but everything happens for a reason.

When I broke up with my ex, I made sure that I took my time to find myself and learn what I want and what I don't want. Now I know that Bradley is everything I prayed for and I hope he feels the same way.

-

Onyell

"That's you with that bad ass Benz ha
That's you that can't keep yo' old lady
cause you keep fuckin her friends ha
You gotta go to court ha
You got served a subpeona for child support ha
That was that nerve ha"