CHAPTER 10: Greatest Challenge

UNEDITED 2017 version.

A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest.

Now that Dana has a decision, she would really try her best to face it. She'd finally talk to Malcolm casually. She thinks it's for the best! She thinks that, that will make her free from any hatred that she has. She's not anymore adamant. Dana is now into her proper state of thinking. And she finally decided to forgive him.

When she spotted Malcolm sitting inside the café while reading a newspaper, she heaved a sigh and opened its door. She's a bit hesitant but she needs to be brave to make things right. Awkward may it sound but that's how people roll the dice. She's finally having courage!

The door's chimes created rhythm after she made a step. She once glances at the door and back at Malcolm who is oblivious of her presence nearby.

"I can do it! I can!" She chanted for herself. "It's just Malcolm, Dana..."

It's just Malcolm! Goodness gracious! He's the Malcolm Henderson! He intimidate anyone by just looking at them. He's not just somebody, he's a freaking walking emotion. He doesn't give any damn when he's too worked up! But chickening out right now should not get into her way. She needs to settle things before it's too late.

Without further inhibitions, she walks to where Malcolm is sitting. She dragged the chair and sat immediately. She saw how Malcolm stilled in his seat and dropped the newspaper in his lap. He looked at her like something's wrong with her face.

"What?" She asked him.

Malcolm's brow creased and eventually arched. She gulped at just the sight of that.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

She pressed her lips into a thin line. She's twiddling her fingers because she's anxious. She's kind of hesitant but she's now on the situation so there's no more chance to back off. Dana bit her lip before answering, "Am I not allowed to be here?" She snaps. "As far as I can remember, you do not own this place." She said like a matter of fact

The corner of his lips twitched, "You have a point there miss." He licked his lips and leaned on towards her, "Are you hungry? I'll call a maître d for you—"

"No. No! I'm not hungry, Malcolm." She cuts him off. "I'm just here to talk to you. Uhh... settle things between us? I came to a realization last night, we've suffered too much—I suffered too much. I don't want to hold grudges anymore, like I am so tired of feeling angry towards you." It's the truth. Even though she slept late because she kept on thinking, she has decided to finally end everything.

Malcolm sheepishly smiled at her, "I am too. I want us to be okay, Dana. It hurts me seeing you angry towards me. I am so sorry for what I did to you. I was a jerk for hurting you—Swear, I didn't mean it. I ran out of ideas on how to break it up to you. But..." He shook his head in disbelief, "I chose the worst way. I thought it was for the best, but then I was again wrong. You deserve the truth. You deserve happiness and I deprived you from achieving it."

"Malcolm..." She's trembling again. "I was at fault too. I pushed myself to you. I fell hard." She bit her lip.

"I was willing to catch you back then, Ysobel. So... no fuss." He chuckled.

She heaved a sigh. The burden in her heart dissolves like an air molecule. "No fuss." She said and smiled. "Still, you deserve the slap I gave you."

Malcolm laughed hard, "Come on! I thought my jaw was dislocated." He held his jaw and smiled like a school boy, "You gave me the hardest slap Dana Ysobel!" They laughed in unison.