Chapter 3

Class begins and I sit down in the back of the room with my sketchbook open. I start drawing in my sketchbook, not listening to what the teacher was saying. Finally, he assigns us some work to do on our own. I reach into my bag to pull out my folder so I can get the packet we are working on. When I finally find it I look back up seeing Ace and Veronica in front of me glaring. The teacher must not be in the room anymore.

"You are doing this for us." Veronica says slamming the packets on my desk. They always make me do their work for them.

I can't stand doing their work for them. Maybe Aladdin is right, I should stand up to them. So that's what I do. "No I am not. You're a big girl and a big boy who can do it on their own." I snap at them. They push me past the point where I can still handle this.  I have learned  that I should just shut up and leave them be but I can't stand it anymore.

Veronica grabs me by my shirt and pulls me right up to my feet.

"What did you say to me?" She asks in a harsh voice, but  not actually asking because she already knows what I said. She has her right hand wrapped around my arm keeping me where she wants me.

"I said that you can do your own work!" I snap at her again. I'm tired of doing everything for them. They are older and more than capable to take care of themselves but no I have to do everything.

It is not a good idea to talk to them like that because Veronica throws me down to the floor kicking me hard in the side. She then whispers something to Ace that I can't hear. He nods at Veronica and she goes to the door of the classroom to watch for when the teacher comes back.

Ace starts beating me up, yelling, screaming at me. They want to make sure I know not to talk back to them like that again. I shut my eyes trying to not focus on the pain but it's all I can do. Punch, hit, kick; all that I can feel is the pure pain from each one. He is yelling at me and I hope that it can be heard out in the hallway because I know I can't stop them from doing this. After a few minutes he stops because the door to the classrooms slams open making some of the other students jump. The other students didn't even bother to try and stop Ace and Veronica because everyone knew not to mess with them. I can't see who it was because I am too scared to open up my eyes and look. The person who opened the door rushes over to the back of the classroom where Ace is standing over me. They push Ace away from me and that's when I open my eyes to see that it's Aladdin who is here to rescue me. He slaps Ace hard across the face then walks over to me taking my hand and pulling me up to my feet. He quickly pulls me out of the room and into the hallway. It is only the second class period of the day and I'm already hurt by them twice. When we are out in the hallway I stop and look up at him. "Thank you so much." I say quietly.

"Again, no need to thank me. Someone's got to get their damn heads out of the clouds." He says talking about Ace and Veronica.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'm just not used to people actually being nice to me."

"It's alr..." He suddenly is pulled away from me by Ace. Ace throws Aladdin down to the ground.

"What the hell are you doing with our sister?!" Ace yells at Aladdin.

I watch as Ace does that. I try pushing him away from Aladdin. "Ace leave him alone now!" I yell at him. I never yell at him but I do this time. I am not going to let Ace hurt Aladdin.

He shoves me against the wall turning back toward Aladdin. "You think you can protect her, eh?" Ace stomps on Aladdin's arm. Ace then scoffs at him.

I keep trying to get him to stop. "Stop now!" I yell and go over to Ace again to try to stop him. I push him but it doesn't do much but he does back away from both Aladdin and I.

Aladdin gets up quickly. He grabs my hand and runs quickly to a side entrance of the school then out the door. None of the teachers see us and we make our way over to his car. I don't question him about it even though I just met him. I want to get out of the school. Once we get outside and too his car I stop and look at him and his arm.

"I'm so sorry about your arm." I say to him worried that Ace might have broken his arm or hurt it really badly.

"I'm fine. It's not that bad, really." He says as he opens the car door for me. I get in and close the door. He walks over to the other side and gets into the car not using the arm Ace stepped on. I'm really worried that he is hurt because of my brother and is not telling me. Once, he is in the car he looks over at me.

"I'm assuming we are going to my place unless you want to go home." He says to me as he looks me in the eyes.

I shake my head. "No, not my house please." I reply quickly, probably too quickly. I look down from his eyes not wanting him to see that I'm scared to go home.

I catch a glimpse of a surprise look on his face then he says. "Why not?"

I shake my head. I really hate talking about my family, at least not after everything started.

"Okay, that's fine. I'm sorry." He says quietly to me looking around as he starts to back out of the parking spot.

I look out the window as he starts driving to his apartment. The apartment is only about 15 minutes away from the school but it feels like the longest 15 minutes ever because the car is full of silence. I stay looking out of the window and his eyes stay on the road. We get there and he parks. He then gets out and quickly walks over to my side of the car opening up my door for me. We walk up to the apartment building. He lives in an apartment complex and his building was located in the back building in the complex. His apartment was on the first floor meaning he had a small outside area. We walk inside the building and to his door. He unlocks the door with a sigh.

"Are you alright?" I ask him looking at him after hearing him sigh.

He nods at me. "Now I'm just worried about you, they did some pretty serious damage." He says concerned looking down at me.

"They've done worse." I say quietly looking down at the ground.

"Oh my god... what have they done?" He asks, disbelieving that they have hurt me worse than they did today.

I shake my head not wanting to talk about the things they have done to me.

He nods and opens his apartment door for me. I look around the apartment taking it in. It is a nice looking apartment. It has a kitchen that opens up into a cozy  living room. Off of the living room is a small hallway with two doors off of it. One door leads to the bathroom while the other leads to the only bedroom. I look over at him seeing his face emotionless and that's when I feel like I have done something wrong.

------------------------

Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed.