Chapter 6: Eleven Minutes

It's afternoon and I'm preparing to study physics as Prachi told me. I solved questions related to the first chapter when I remember that The Town Hall in Clash of Clans would have been updated to Level 5 by now.

From there begins the social cycle. I update my whatsapp profile picture. Tweet about the movie I saw last year. Add a story on Snapchat of me studying. Write a deep caption for my instagram feed. Tell people I'm alive on Wordpress and still kicking. And finally delete facebook because it is messing with my vibe.

"Study, Akeela." Dad shouts randomly from the hall watching news.

I close the door. And then do all of those things again.

I finally place my phone on charge, sort through my books to find something to study, my hand brushes against the library book I issued yesterday 'Eleven Minutes' by Paulo Coelho.

I read the entire book in one sitting.

My pulse quickens as I think about the things I have read. It's not like masturbation and sex are something new to me. But never I have been so curious.

Even Fifty Shades of Grey didn't leave me in this state.

I look at closed door, and unzip my pants.

A minute passes as I lay still on the bed not daring to touch lift my fingers.

And then I do.

*****

At night I call Abhishek "Are you going to school tomorrow?"

Her mother asks whose on the phone and he replies Rohan and to me he says "School ended today."

"What!" I practically screech.

He chuckles. I hear the sound of his bedroom door closing "Why do you think we got to play sports in the middle of exam season?"

"Damn"

"Yeah! Damn. And you cursed."

"I am not."

"But you pestered us this entire year" confusion lacing his tone.

"People change as they start reading crude pirate books after poshy sophisticated books dripping with chivalry and appropriate courting"

"You fucking weirdo."

"Fuck you anal spinchter leaky sad son of a bitch."

I can hear his breathing from the other side as he thinks what to say next "I need an hour to come in terms with the new you."

"Cool"

"By the way why did you call if you thought that school was open tomorrow anyway?"

"Actaully I wanted to make sure you attend school tomorrow . I forgot all physics practicals. I thought maybe we could do the experiments together." I ask

He remains quite for a while as if contemplating what works for his benefit as well "Well we can go to school tomorrow. Teachers won't mind. And it would be nice with no one around."

"Okay. Thanks"

I thanked him one more time.

"No worries Akeela" I can see his smile as he says it.

"Byeee"

*****

"Truth be told" Miss Sonia says adjusting her saree "I didn't expect anyone after the school is closed."

"What can I say mam?" I answer truthfully "I want to get good marks. "

She smiles at me "Do your best in practicals then think about the final board papers. Okay?"

"Yes mam"

She turns away from me "Is my bra showing?"

I look at her pink blouse and stammer "No-No mam" my ears turn pink.

"Who else is coming?"

"Abhishek."

"Okay." she pulls her purse out of the cupboard "Wait for him to come and then head out to the labs together. By long recess your revision should have been completed. Lab assistant will check on you ocassionaly, so no funny business. If you have any doubt regarding physics come to me. Don't wander the corridors. Do not disturb lower classes. And take this purse and drop it on the best seat in the staff room. Now off you go."

"I thought she was never going to stop" I mutter to myself as I do exactly what she said.