7

[ Y/N's POV ]

_Time skip to a few hours later_

After moping around all day, I ate my evening meal alone. My father had not returned yet, but I brushed it off and looked around to check if anyone was nearby. After coming to the conclusion that the coast was clear, I stuffed a liver and a kidney into my pocket incase Jack was hungry. I then left the table and snuck into the kitchen to grab an apple- just in case he didn't like organs. After all, I wasn't sure what Creepypastas ate.

I made my way down the dark spiralling staircase, the cold stone steps chilling my feet with every step. I opened the heavy door that revealed the hanging Creepypasta who was dimly lit by the flickering flame of the oil lamp. He lifted his head attentively as I entered the chamber. My hands reached into my pocket and brought out the various items of food as I approached him.

"Eyeless Jack, what do Creepypastas eat?" I asked curiosly as he stared at the items in my hands.

"Well, it depends. Some like human food, like pizza, and others prefer to feed off humans." Jack answered, still looking at the food.

"Well, what do you like to eat?" I asked as I casually poked the squidgy liver.

"... I feed off human organs. Kidneys, to be precise." His gruff voice answered again.
I put the apple back in my pocket and shifted the liver into my left hand, and offered the kidney up to him. Blushing slightly in embarrassment, I mentally kicked myself for being so forgetful as he had his mask on. I gently lifted it and offered the kidney up to his mouth, taking care not to get my fingers trapped in his bite.

"Don't even think about taking a bite of my hand." I warned. I knew I couldn't be too trusting. After all, he was my bloodsworn enemy.

[ Eyeless Jack's POV ]

Y/n lifted the kidney and I eagerly took a large bite. I chewed quickly, swallowed, and marvelled at how much better food seemed to taste when you were starving. I finished the organ within minutes and allowed her to move my mask back over my mouth. I felt humiliated that I couldn't feed myself or adjust my blue mask without her assistance.

"Thanks." I voiced my thanks and she smiled.

"Don't mention it." she told me, before putting the liver into her pocket along with the apple.

"So tell me," she began as she sat down on the stone floor, "Do all Creepypastas look the same?"

I remained quiet as I thought about how to respond. "... No."
Y/n's expression showed her curiosity, so I continued.
"We are more like a group. Although not related by blood, we are a family. Some of us don't get along and some of us are like brothers."

[ Y/N's POV ]

I listened intently as the oil lamp's flame danced, casting moving shadows over the grey walls. I took in what he had to say and nodded, with a small smile.

After sitting in comfortable silence for a while, I then realised I had been down here for a while and my father may have returned. "I better go. My fa- Zalgo may have returned. I promise to return soon."

I left the lamp on, locked the door behind me and I returned upstairs without another word.