CHAPTER EIGHT

My phone vibrates from the vanity catching everyone's attention.

Beck 1 imessage

"Oh I thought you said you don't have a boyfriend?" Carla, my moms personal beauty stylist, teases me as Kate and Gemma laugh. Gemma is Carla's girlfriend. They have been best friends with my mom since high school. Kate and I didn't even now they were coming over to get us ready until we were headed out to a salon and they pulled up.

"I don't. He is just a friend." Smiling to myself I open the text excitedly. We don't text much but since he can't come crash our girly party he said it's necessary.

If you are meeting me here, but I can't see what you look like now, how am I suppose to know who you are?

"A friend that you're constantly with and that wanted to kiss you." Kate comments as Gemma finishes off Kate's lips. Her makeup is dramatic but in a presentable way. We have the same silver mask, same style dress, and same crystal heels. Our hair is even done up in a neat french twist. Our parents sure like to show off that they have twins. "Beck has always liked Dani. He's just not the type of guy to admit something like that."

Guess you'll just have to find me.

"Young love. It is so beautiful. These boys are going to go crazy for you two." They step back to let's us turn to the mirror. Woah. My blue eyes look large and vibrant. Kate's usually look bright green so she is probably use to this but this is so new to me.

And when I do?

He is flirting with me! Should I say something flirty back? Or just play it off?

You can have my shoe.

If he has ever heard of Cinderella he will definitely know what I'm wearing. I set my phone down excitedly and turn to Gemma who is unzipping the bag with the dresses. I already know Kate is wearing the pink dress because it makes her look more innocent.

Carla is driving us there in her big black hummer, then we are splitting up to talk to more people and let everyone see we were there, while doing this we should find the boys and Kate is staying the night with Brad while Beck is taking me home. Maybe he will stay.

"So we left our phones. Good one." Kate adjust my mask so the ribbon is tied neatly before we walk through the large oak doors leading to the ball room. Kate has a look of boredom on her face as she walks off.

I've never been to one of these. I'm excited. There are so many large gowns, masks, glasses of champagne, and security to remove the lower class people that snuck in. The trick is if you look rich you can act like it.

I make my way around people, smiling and hugging a few people I know. A large hand grabs my arm making my heart jump with happiness. But when I turn around the smile is smacked off my face as a tall dark skinned boy holds out a glass of wine for me. "Thought the princess could use a drink."

"Oh no thank you I'm too young." I shake my head and try to pull away, only to have him pull me back. "Let go of my arm."

"Can't I at least know your name?" He gives me a hopeful smile that makes me feel bad. He is just a nice boy trying to talk to a pretty girl.

"Kate. It's Kate Swan." Turning away I try to make my way out of the crowd as it gets thicker and thicker. And I'm getting warmer and warmer. "Ow!"