CHAPTER ELEVEN

Two days. It has been two days since I've seen Beck. Two days since the camping trip. Two days since I watched someone get murdered. No one has said anything about Beck and I don't have the guts to ask. Is he alright? Did he get away safely?

School starts tomorrow and I know he will be there. Unless something happened to him...

Kate is displeased to see I'm back to wearing my own skirts but she hasn't said anything. And she shouldn't. She has no right to.

Pulling my hair up high in the bathroom I don't look when someone walks into my room. Once they shut the door behind them I freeze. "Ella."

Swirling around I look at Beck who has a hand on the back of his neck and the other in his pocket. I look down to my bare feet that don't move. How do I feel about this right now?

Confused. Happy.

Running over to him Beck embraces me in the tightest hug as I jump into his arms. "I thought something happened to you."

"I thought you'd never talk to me again." Beck signs and doesn't let go of me. He sits on my bed with me still on him and runs his hand up and down my back. "They all said you haven't talked much."

"They weren't saying anything about you." I lean back and look into his dark eyes. Never have I thought I'd end up with someone who is the exact opposite as my ideal husband. But I'm glad I did.

"I'm so sorry. Did you want to talk about it?" Beck tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear as he looks me over slowly. Looking down into my lap I decide now is better than later.

"Actually there was something I wanted to talk about." Taking a deep breath I look up to see him waiting patiently. "Was that the first person you've ever killed?"

Blinking he looks to me contemplating his response. Holding on to my hips Beck slides off the bed so we are on the floor and his knees are bent, keeping me close to him. "No."

Nodding to myself I let out all the air I was holding and watch as he takes my hands in his.

"I can't give you an exact number but you should know that I only did it to keep everyone safe." I can see just how careful he is being with me. He doesn't want me to run. "I will make sure you never have to see that again, okay? I seen the way you looked at me and I can't have you being in places like that because soon enough it will take a toll on you."

"So tomorrow at school, things will be the normal?" I press my forehead to his as relief fills me. He does want to be with me.

"Yes of course. Is that what you've been worried about?" Pressing his lips to mine sweetly Beck chuckles and wraps his arms around me. Smiling to myself I shrug slightly and stand up. "What is it now?"

"I just had one more question." I walk towards my door and lock it, turning back to see the curiosity burning through his eyes. "You said we are always interrupted. Just theoretically thinking, what would we have been doing if we weren't."

"Does Ella want me to dirty talk her?" Beck raises an eyebrow while smirking deviously. Shrugging I spin around and look back at him watching my butt. "Well for starters I would have taken your hair down."

"Like this?" I drag my hair tie out, letting my blonde waves fall over my shoulder. Nodding Beck looks me over and points to my shirt.

"That would be taken off as well."

"So no shirt?" I pull my shirt off from the bottom and toss it over to him. Looking over my white bra Beck's eyes darken noticeably. I lean forward slightly, turned to the side so he can see my skirt ride up. I drag my fingers up my thigh, bringing up the skirt. "And what about this?"