summaries for someday (maybe) (part 1)

(little glimpses into stories i could write in the future, though i am not promising they will go beyond what i've shared with you here.)

There's two boys (both aged twelve) within the same old, run down motel which stands twenty minutes away from the crowded city engrossed in the glitz of having everything going for them and not even acknowledging the privileges they held in the palms of their hands. One has taken in the sight of the worn down establishment so often he could tell you just where the cracks in the walls of his father's office were and about the time they began to show themselves to the his watchful eye; most of if not all his childhood has been spent coming here (at least every other weekend, even before his parents split due to the strain on their relationship thanks to the hardships running this place caused) and the familiarity slowly growing tiresome, it was pretty easy to jump in excitement over the word of someone new coming to stay.

The other felt like he had lost everything. In the past twenty four hours, so much had gone down at such a rapid pace that he couldn't keep up with it all; maybe it was due to the lack of sleep he'd gotten that was making the events go through his brain like a tape stuck in fast forward? I mean, how was he expected to fall sleep when all that he grew up with was suddenly taken away?

These two kids still blindly holding on to their innocence managed to be brought together when it was needed most, though no one knew that just yet.