Teaser

Tyler was staring at him again. He could feel his gaze piercing through the back of his head and it made the hairs on the back of his neck prickle. He shivered involuntarily before turning around and glaring at the raven-haired boy. Tyler continued to stare, as though looking straight through him and the boy whimpered and ducked his head as he turned back around. Only then did Tyler look away.

Josh watched the whole exchange with a sense of bewilderment, what was that?!

He was interrupted by the teacher's melodic call of his name.

"Huh?" He said his gaze snapping back to the front of the classroom. He gulped as he felt Tyler turn to look at him curiously.

"Welcome back Mr. Dun." Half the class sniggered at the remark while Josh blushed. "Would you mind naming me one of the Grimm's fairy tales?"

Josh panicked, he couldn't afford half of his textbooks this year and he was still working to pay for his English books, he had barely managed to get a copy of 'All My Sons' in time for the midterm but the fairy tales were almost 4 times as expensive. Josh stuttered embarrassed that he couldn't think of one of the stories.

"Red riding hood." A raspy voice spoke up. Josh jumped, turning to make eye contact with the speaker.

"Thank you Mr. Joseph. But next time let the other student answer." She gave him a stern look before turning back to the board, everyone else looking back at their books, missing the way Tyler practically snarled at her. Josh just gaped at him, until he looked at Josh again, Josh only blushed and looked back at his desk instead.

As the class was dismissed Josh chased after Tyler who was walking quickly towards his next class.

"Thank you for uh, earlier in class." Josh said awkwardly struggling to keep up as he pulled hoodie on, while holding his backpack.

"Why don't you have a copy of the book?" Tyler replied sounding irritated.

"Oh, you noticed that?" Josh said embarrassed, Tyler simply kept walking. Josh gulped but kept pace. "I-I can't afford it yet." He said his whole face blushing red.

Tyler stopped walking abruptly to look at Josh. He reached into his bag and pulled out his copy of the book. He thrust it into Josh's hands.

"There, problem solved." Tyler gave a forced smile before turning on his heel and walking away, leaving Josh completely confused and clutching the book to his chest.