Chapter 2

"No... No! No, no, no, no, no..." Lance repeatedly spoke the same word over and over again, watching as his fellow paladins took off with the blue lion, apparently deciding it took priority over him. 

"Please... Come back..." Lance's eyes filled with tears as he watched them leave, unable to do anything about it. The Galra had taken his helmet, his only form of communication, and his hands were bound. He couldn't even walk thanks to his legs.  

"As you can see, your allies obviously don't think you're important." The Galran commander watched Lance, practically emotionless.  

"No.. Th-They're gonna come back for me! I know they are... Pidge promised..." Honestly, Lance wasn't so sure. 

"Believe what you will to give yourself hope. You're gonna need it while you're here."

"What..?" Lance shuddered at the thought of what that might be implying.

"Obviously, we're going to try and get some information out of you. After that, you'll likely be put to fight in the arena. Or maybe, even..." He trailed off.

Lance's eyes widened. "No way... I'll get killed for sure. I can barely even walk..."

The Galran commander inspected him, his yellow eyes analyzing him. "We can fix that. We can't let a paladin go to waste and just rot in a cell."

"What? How..?" He was skeptical.

"Nothing a few experiments and surgeries can't fix." He looked back out the viewing monitors, the other paladins completely gone. They'd gone through a worm hole. "Now, let's go. On your feet." 

Lance was hoisted to his feet by two Galran soldiers, having to be dragged between the two of them. 

"Please, no... Just let me go..." Lance feebly tried to struggle, but to no avail. He wouldn't be able to run away anyways.

"Oh, we will. Just not yet..." The commander led the way deeper into the ship, Lance in tow between the two soldiers.

-----

"I... can't believe we just left him..." Hunk was the first to speak up on the way back, completely shocked.

An uneasy silence filled the intercoms, no one wanting to speak.

"We had to... If they got the blue lion, we wouldn't be able to form Voltron... And I'm sure Lance would underst-" Shiro was abruptly cut off. 

"Understand?! We abandoned him! Without him, we still can't form Voltron, even if we have the blue lion!" Keith was furious, utterly pissed they had to leave Lance behind.

Shiro fell silent again.

"If we didn't leave him, we all would've been captured. Then the Galra would have all the lions, plus all of us. I couldn't get him even if we had more time. He couldn't walk for some reason," Pidge tried reasoning, not wanting to get mad at Shiro or for arguments to erupt.

"Fuck... I know, but I just- Ugh." Keith stopped speaking, gritting his teeth and taking a few deep breaths. "We... We have to go back for him." 

"I know.. And we will.. But we can't.. For now, let's just back to the castle. We can gather our thoughts and make a plan there..."  

No one could argue with that, since it was the most logical and safe approach.

"Let's just hurry and get Lance back..." Hunk had a few tears in his eyes, feeling immense guilt. It wasn't really anyone's fault that they had to leave Lance, yet still...

"We will. If it's the last thing that we do."

-------

Words: 568

I'd much appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism. 

I apologize for the short chapter. I just wanna get to the stuff I really want to write.