Chapter 14 (Rewritten)

Lance was in immense pain, clutching his chest. He assumed that the parasite Stellark had put in him had made its way to its destination.

He groaned, curling into a ball. "It hurts..." He was locked in his room as a form of safety, as demanded by Shiro and supported by Allura, since he'd been a pawn of the Galra for so long.

No one had come to see him for the past four days, except Coran to deliver him food. Lance didn't blame them, but it was extremely lonely. And now, he felt like he was getting eaten alive from the inside.

Still, no one came, for no one cared nor trusted him anymore. He killed Pidge after all. Hell, if he hadn't snapped out of it after Shiro had hit him, he probably would've killed them all, and then come for Allura and Coran... It was a scary thought.

He moaned as he felt more pains in his chest, near where his heart was. He was scared. What if the stupid thing was trying to eat his heart? But that wouldn't make sense, since Stellark had obviously still wanted him alive when she gave it to him...

More pains, along with a sharp burning feeling. He let out a muffled cry into his pillow, his eyes tearing up. Jesus, this was worst than when he was tortured by the Galra.

He was gasping for air, his breaths quick and shallow. He felt like he was about to pass out.

"What the fuck... Son a bitch!" He let out a small scream, feeling a burning pulsing deep within his chest. It spread throughout his body, sunspots dancing across his vision.

He tried to fight the pain, but it was too much.

He blacked out.

-----

Lance awoke some time later, still hurting. Mother of fuck. Why couldn't he just get a break? He just wanted to lay down and sleep for the rest of his life.

He forced himself to get up and dragged himself to his bathroom, thirsty. He turned on the faucet and drank greedily from it. The water was cool and soothed his burning throat.

He raised his head and looked up into the mirror, narrowing his eyes. Something about himself seemed....off. It took him a few seconds to realize what.

He looked, and felt like, a corpse. His normally tan skin was extremely pale, and his eyes were red and puffy from crying. He felt completely drained.

"Jesus Christ..." He reached out and touched the mirror, gazing at his reflection. He didn't look or feel good. Whatever the Hell that parasite was, it felt like it was killing him.

He could feel its presence by his heart, almost like it was part of it now. It was probably leeching off his blood, straight from the source.

He hated it. He wanted to talk to someone, to ask for their help, to stick him in a healing pod. But it was likely no one would. He was a killer, a threat to everyone on the ship.

Lonely and sick feeling, he stumbled over to the door and tried to open it, already knowing it would be locked. It had been for the past four days.

He slid to the ground beside it, feeling like crying. If this godforsaken parasite killed him, no one would care. No one would miss him.

"Why....? Just why?! Why can't I just be left alone?! Motherfucker!" Lance screamed out curse words until his voice gave out, tiring himself out. He probably should rest until Coran came by with his dinner.

He laid there for God knows how much longer, crying until his throat burned and his chest hurt even more before Coran arrived.

His arrival was signaled by a knock on the door before it slid open. "I have your dinner. Where are you?" He didn't see him.