Chapter 13

A/N OKAY, SO, THIS, CHAPTER IS A SORT OF DARKER CHAPTER. I WAS ACTUALLY GETTING MORE SAD AS I KEPT WRITING IT, BUT SOMETHINGS HAD TO GET ON PAPER.SO HERE IS THE NEXT CHAPTER. AND JUST A PREVIEW, THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE IN ERIKS P.O.V. REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND VOTE :) HAPPY READING 

Aria P.O.V.

I laid on my bed for at least three hours, not moving. Crying. I wanted to go home. I wanted my house back, I wanted my town back, I wanted the church back, I wanted the car back. Most of all though, I wanted my parents back.

As stupid as it sounds, I wanted to hear my mother say something, anything to me. Whether it was an insult or a complement. I didn't care, I just wanted to have her back so I could hug her as tight as I could and tell her how much she really meant to me. Yes, she was very mean toward me most of the time, but I would give anything to hear her voice again. I missed her and my father most of all.

I felt my body shake and hugged my knees tighter as another sob racked my body. My father. I missed him most of all. Through anything my mother or anyone else said, he was always by my side and would do anything for me.

I tried to remember them both before the accident. Days at the park. Picnics. Walks on Sundays. Things normal families did. Nothing. We did nothing that normal families did. Even birthday parties. The most we did was have a family dinner together. No one sang 'Happy Birthday' to me. We never really told anyone so the only person to say Happy Birthday to me was my father, and even then it was in an undertone so my mother wouldn't hear. Its was almost like she just wanted to forget I was ever born.

I fell into another series of sobs realizing that's exactly what she wanted. Me to never have been born. I didn't want to be born. If I wasn't alive this wouldn't have happened. They wouldn't have been fighting, father wouldn't have taken his eyes off the road. They wouldn't have crashed. They would have gotten home safely. They wouldn't have died!

I flipped around and sat up on the edge of the bed, grabbing one of the handkerchiefs and blowing my nose. I took a quick look at the clock on the wall. It was five o'clock. Dinner would be in half an hour and I probably looked like a bloated fish! I got up and slowly made my way to the mirror. I was right. My eyes were red and puffy, sunken in, I looked like I had died and come back to life.

“I should have just died.”

* * * an hour and a half later * * *

It was the worst hour of my life. The dining room was full of hateful whispers, snickering and pointing. Clara tried to talk to me. Odette attempted to get me involved in the conversation. I didn't want to. I felt like I was useless to everyone and everything. I barely touched my dinner, just waiting until Mademoiselle dismissed us.

I got up quickly and made a beeline for the door. Before I could get out the door, I felt someone grab my arm and pull me back to a corner. I expected to see Clara but when I turned around I saw a tall, dark haired boy staring at me with deep brown eyes.

“Aria, what happened today?” Stephan asked me with caring eyes. “You and Clara ran out of there so fast . . . I was really worried about you.” He moved his hands to my arms, rubbing them in, what I could only guess, was a comforting way. I tried to shrug his hands off.

“ Aria, look at me.” He put his hand under my chin, and tilted my head up. He was a little too close for my liking. He looked at me, still looking very caring, but I wasn't comforted. “Listen you can talk to me whenever you need to, maybe you can come by my room tonight and we can sit down and talk, huh?”

“ No, I just want to be alone for a while, thank you though Stephan.” I tried to walk around him but he stepped in front of, me making me take a step back and hit the wall. I didn't realize I was this close to the wall. I was trapped and I didn't like it. “Stephan, please.” I tried to step around him again but he grabbed my arms and held me hard.