Chapter 3

******* I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK ALMOST THREE MONTHS TO GET OUT. I'V JUST HAD ONE HELL OF A SUMMER, ITS BEEN REALLY STRESSFULL, BUT HERE IS THE NEXT CHAPTER! PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT, MABEY EVEN SOME CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIZEM WOULD BE GREAT!!!!*******

I sat in my small bedroom, back at my house. It had been 5 months since the accident, and I was just getting ready to leave with my new guardian.

It took my lawyer four months to find some type of relative, a very close family friend, that lived far away from my home town, by my own request, I did not want to live in this place ever again. They had found an elderly lady, about eighty-nine who was my grandmothers friend, but it was too close for my liking, so I polity turned down her offer to take me in until my eighteenth birthday, when I could decide where I wished to go. Then, from out of the blue, an middle-aged woman, about forty-five to fifty-five, came to my house. She told us that she had heard from another close friend of hers that both my parents had perished in a terrible accident, and now there was no one to care for me. She refused to give the name of the friend who told her, but when she told me that she lived in Paris, France, I couldn't turn her down. I needed to get as far away from this place as possible, and if that meant going to a different country all together, then so be it.

It was obvious to me right when she walked through the door that she came from a fairly middle class family. Her dress was of a faded royal blue, but she didn't want to buy a new one because of her strain on finances. Her hair looked like she had tried very hard to do it herself but had a little twirl of grey hair sticking out from behind her ear, and had a head piece that looked like a black ferret had died there and was pinned to the top of her head. She had a small cane with her, and she walked with a limp that she was trying very hard to hide. She had what must have once been raven black hair, but now it was white, sprinkled with black here and there. Her eyes, I must say were her only saving grace. They were a brilliant bright blue, sprinkled with the most beautiful bright green on the inside. They were faded with age, but that just added to their beauty.

She told my lawyer, that a great friend of my grandmothers had told her that my mother and father had both died, and that I was left all alone. She decided to come and see if I would like to live with her in Paris. She was a new widow, her husband died about 3 months before my mother and father did, so she needed some company, and I needed someone to care for me, so it seemed a perfect fit. Her name, was Meg Giry and she said that as a child she had worked at the Paris Opera House with my grandmother, when she was still dancing and singing there.

I hear a small knock on my door. I turn and see my lawyer, Mr. LeBleu standing in the doorway.

“Are you ready Mademoiselle? Madame Giry is asking for you.”

“Yes. One moment. Oh Mr. LeBleu? Would you be so kind as to...um..” I motion at my bags, not sure how to ask for help.

“Oh! Oh, of course Mademoiselle.” He walks over and swiftly picks up the two bags with my clothing in them, as I carry my carry-on bag with my books for the ride.

I decended the stairs, saying goodbye to the staircase, the walls and my bedroom for the last time. I saw Madame Giry standing at the door with her bag in hand, waiting for me so we could leave for my new home.

* * *

“ You'll love the Paris Opera House, Aria. I recall your Grandmother saying it was her favourite place in the whole world when she was young.” Madame Giry had been talking to me about the place we would live, the Opera House, since we woke up this morning for the last day of travel before we reached Paris. I could tell she was excited to be home, but there was another thing she was excited about but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Just excited to show me my rooms and the place my grandmother sang, I told myself, but I knew there was something else.