Chapter 5

Ω One Week Later Ω

For the past week, my friends and I have been trying to see how and why so many people are subscribing to me. I was currently in my room, having a conversation with Delirious on the phone.

"So let me get this straight." he says. "You say you're gonna do a face reveal, and all of a sudden people start subscribin' to you?" I sigh, then start pacing. "Yes. I have told all of you the story multiple times!" I hear him chuckle. "It's alright, Ohm. Chill out. Besides, there was a reason I called you. I think I found something." I stop pacing. "What is it?" I ask. I hear a clicking noise from his end. "I'm sending a link right now." I rush over to my computer room and load up my PC. I go to my email and see the most recent one is from Delirious. "Alright. I got it. Gonna look into it now." I inform him. He replies faintly, "Okay. I got to go, man. Need to get some stuff picked up around here." I say a short farewell and hang up. Focusing on my PC, I click on the  link Delirious sent me. I was sent to a persons Facebook page. Frowning, I look through the person's feed.

After about 10 minutes, I find something that makes me break out in a cold sweat. This person had shared the link to my Twitch page and my YouTube channel. Also, he had put his own message above it.

This guy is a good friend of mine. Help him out and go subscribe to him so we can all see what he looks like! He just needs 10 million! Share with your friends and family!

I blink a few times, trying to comprehend what I had read. I scroll back to the top to see how many friends this guy has. "What?!" I exclaim, reading the number. "He has the limit of 5,000 friends?!" I stand up and start pacing. 'Thousands of shares, I bet. And thousands more from those.' I start panicking. Logging onto Discord, I send out requests to Bryce, Cartoonz, Vanoss, Mini, and Moo.

[BryceMcQuaid has connected]
[CaRtOoNz has connected]

Bryce and Cartoonz accept immediately. "What's up? Anything new?" Bryce says. I sigh and stutter nervously, "Y-yeah. Delirious sent me s-somethin'." I hear excited murmurs, followed by a notification tone.

[Vanoss has connected]
[Moo has connected]
[Mini Laddd has connected]

"Hey! Got somethin' Ohm?" Mini says when he's fully connected. Bryce replies for me and the call erupts in excited chatter. Getting unsettled, I call out, "Alright! I'll send everyone the link." I bring up my email again and forward the link I got from Delirious to everyone. "What the fuck?!" Cartoonz exclaims. "Who does this guy think he is?!" Moo cuts in. "Apparently he thinks he---" "He's an ass that's what." Mini says, interrupting Moo. Vanoss sighs and starts mumbling something. "What did you say, Vanoss?" Moo asks. "I said, people these days need to learn to keep to themselves."

I shake my head and start pacing. "I just don't understand why this guy thinks it's so 'cool' to get me so many subscribers in a less than a year." I let out a groan and look at the person's Facebook page again. "I'm gonna go guys. I need sometime to think about this." They all give their farewells, and I shut off my setup.

I walk into my kitchen and open the fridge. I grab a water bottle and go to my front hallway. I pull on my shoes and throw my lightweight coat on. Making sure I have my keys in my pocket, I open the door, lock it, and walk to my car. "Little drive to the park should help." I mumble to myself. I hop in the drivers seat and put the key into the ignition slot. I pull out of my driveway and head towards the community park.

Ω 25 Minutes Later Ω

I park my car in a spot by the road and get out. Looking around, I notice that not many people are here today. I frown. "Not normal on a Saturday." Feeling unsettled, I start walking on one of the paths. I pull my phone out of my pocket and plug in my ear buds.  I turn my music on, put my phone back into my pocket,  then put my ear buds into my ears. I start briskly walking while Just One Yesterday by Fall Out Boy plays in my ear. Thoughts go through my head and I try to focus on one thing.

'How does this guy supposedly know me?'

***tinywy_frost is out***