Chapter 7

The week quickly came to an end and Meryl and Don were headed back to New York. They were both sad to see their wonderful vacation end, but they were looking forward to going back to New York as an official couple. The vacation had done wonders for both of them. They verbally committed themselves to each other and professed their deep love to one another. They knew that some people wouldn't understand because it did happen so quickly, but that didn't matter to them. Meryl knew what it was like to lose someone she loved and didn't want Don to slip away from her, Don felt the exact same way.

***

Don and Meryl were flying back to New York City from the remarkable week they spent in Maine after pledging their love for one another. He couldn't imagine living without her, he knew he didn't want to. He wanted to ask her to marry him, but this one was going to be forever, and he wanted to do it right. 'I haven't even met her parents yet.' He thought to himself. 'Where do I ask her? When? Engagement ring? What if she says no?' All these thoughts were running through his head.

Meryl was laying her head on his shoulder and laced her fingers through his. "Don, I want you to meet my parents." She said bringing him out of his thoughts.

He smiled and kissed her hand. "You name the time and place, and I will be there."

"Let me call my Mom, they don't really like to come into the city much. Want to go home with me next weekend if Mom and Dad are free?" She asked.

"Whatever you want. Do they even know about me?" He asked nervously.

"Of course; they don't know how deep my feelings run. Mom said the other day she could see a change in me, like I was living again." She lifted her head up to look at him. "That has everything to do with you." She said as she gave him a sweet kiss on the lips.

"Are they supportive? I mean, I know all this is happening fast. I know your friends aren't exactly thrilled." He said.

"Don, you can't deny true love when it comes along. My friends love you, they are just concerned about me. They don't understand how deep my feelings run. I have found love and happiness again, I don't want to let it go." She said kissing his hand.

Don smiled. "Okay, I just don't want you to feel pressured into anything." He said.

"I don't, plus we are already living together." She laughed.

"Yeah, I wanted to talk to you about that." He said seriously.

"Are you kicking me out?" She asked laughing.

"Bite your tongue, of course not." He laughed. "I want you to officially live with me."

"Hun, I already officially live with you." She pointed out.

"No, I mean I want you to change your address, not have the P.O. Box. I want you to add your stuff to the living room, the kitchen. If you are comfortable with it, I want you to move into my room." The last part was what he was getting at.

"I kind of thought I would." She said as she leaned over to kiss him. "Maybe that was a bit presumptuous of me." She laughed as she pulled back.

"If you aren't ready then we don't have to." He added.

"Babe, I want to. I meant what I said the second night in Maine. It was awful trying to sleep in the other room. I want your face to be the first thing I see in the morning, and the last I see at night." She said smiling.

He pulled her face to his and gave her a tender, loving kiss. "Me too, babe, me too. Unfortunately, my closets are small."

"I can keep my stuff in the other bedroom." She laughed.