Chapter 9

A few days later, Meryl woke up and got ready for her day. She was disappointed that Don wasn't lying in bed beside her, but he was a much earlier riser than she was, so she figured he was already up reading the paper and drinking coffee. Meryl hopped in and got ready for her day. After she was showered and dressed, Meryl went into the kitchen and saw Don sitting at the table with the newspaper and coffee, just as she predicted. She went behind him and snaked her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.

"Morning." He smiled as he brought her hands up to his lips.

"Hey you." She smiled. "You were up early today, busy day?" She asked as she rested her chin on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I am going to work at the studio some this morning, and then lunch with Third." He said.

"Today's the day, huh?" She asked laughing.

"Yeah, I am taking him to his favorite restaurant to butter him up." He said making her laugh.

"He loves you, and he knows how happy I am, he will be thrilled you will be his brother-in-law." She said kissing his cheek. "Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" She asked.

"I'm sure, it's a guy thing." He said making her laugh and roll her eyes as she let go of him and went to pour a cup of coffee. "Besides, isn't today your lunch with the girls?" He asked.

"Yeah, it is." She smiled as she sat down next to him and took part of the paper.

"How do you think that will go?" Don was nervous about her friends' reactions. He didn't want them to think he was taking advantage of her vulnerability.

"It will be fine. Everyone knows how much I love you and you love me. Fuck them if they don't understand. We know what exists between us and that is what matters." She said smiling.

"I just don't want people to think I have taken advantage of the situation." He admitted to her.

"Well, if they do, then they don't know you. Nothing and no one can change my mind." She said smiling as she leaned over to kiss him.

Don regretfully pulled away. "I hate to break this up, but I have to get to the studio." He said standing up and pulling her with him.

"Don, this is only your second day in the studio. Please take it easy." She said referring to his injury from when he was in Europe.

"I will, I promise." He said kissing her lips. "I love you." He said pulling away.

"I love you, too." She smiled as she ran her hands through his hair.

***

"Hey." Don said opening his door seeing his future brother-in-law.

"Hey. Thanks for inviting me to lunch, I thought you and my sister forgot about me now that you are soooo in love." Third said teasing him.

"Very funny." Don said shaking his head as he picked up his wallet and keys. "So, where do you want to go for lunch? My treat." He smiled.

"What did you do to her?" Third asked sighing.

"What?!" Don exclaimed confused.

"Something must be up if you are buying lunch." Third laughed.

"I promise, I would never hurt your sister. I do have an ulterior motive, but we can talk about it at lunch." Don laughed.

"Well, that's cryptic." Third said raising an eyebrow.

"Everything is fine, more than fine, I promise. So, lunch?" Don asked.