Chapter 9 - Fights and Old Habits.

Mia's POV

"GET UP. SCHOOL!" I heard Papa shout from the other room. I hopped out of bed realizing I had slept through my alarm and quickly got ready grabbing my things. I rushed to the door before I realized I was missing actual pants and ran back putting on some jeans. "Want some jam and toast for the walk?" Papa called as I rapidly put on my shoes, Skye was already ready to go at the door. "Uh sure..." I say frantically grabbing a slice from his hand and Dad just chuckles at my morning illness of clumsiness.I was ready to go at the door waiting for Mia I smiled and giggled at Mia rushing clumsily about.I was trying my hardest to catch up to Mia but my short size and legs slowed us down whilst her long slender legs ran grace fully god she was too much like Sherlock."Skye come on!" I said rushing towards the school building now in site. We could make it without getting in trouble with 4 minutes to spare. I grabbed her hand pulling her along faster.

 I'm coming! We made it into the school gates 10 mins before the bell went for home group. I stood to the side trying to catch my breath.I said goodbye to Skye heading to my classroom. My hair was now permanently windswept from the London weather, and because I had Dad's curls it looked pretty crazy. I attempted to brush it down while walking to the classroom, unluckily for me, the mean girls saw me. "Wow ever heard of a hairbrush?" laughter followed. "Probably not, she just has 2 dads. Men have no hygiene." I heard more snickering. I entered the classroom leaving them to their mockery. I walked into my class keeping my head down and hugging my books close to my chest I could feel everyone's eyes on me judging me I took my seat in the back corner keeping my head down my teacher walked in I could feel him judging me too.The school day passed by as it normally did, but Mark invited me for a meet up on Friday. I agreed and met up with Skye to walk home from school.

I walked out of my last class keeping my head down out of the corner of my eye I saw my torturers they came after me tearing my books away “Hey freak Junior" they taunted they started punching me in the gut and chanting "freak, freak, freak! I just took it DAMN! I thought why am I so weak? I fell to the cement floor.I was waiting for Skye but she was later than usual. I waited patiently but then heard some guys passing by mentioning some sort of fight. I quickly ran back into the school to the hallways that her classrooms were in, I saw Jake walking in front of the leader of the bullies and I ran over to Skye.

I was sore all over but I didn't care I had to prove that I was stronger than those bullies! My papa's a retired Army Doctor for GODS SAKE! I AM STRONGER THAN THIS! I pushed myself up slowly and I got up off the floor picked up my books and brushed off the dirt and walked holding my head high army stance and walking with a slight limp.

I rushed past Skye straight to the ringleader. "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TREAT ANYONE THAT WAY!" I screamed in pure anger running towards him with a curled fist. Before a crunching noise burst from his jaw Jake grabbed my arm. "Mia, it isn't worth it." I looked at the boy who was worried I would get in trouble. "Sorry Jake, but they need to learn, it really is." and with that a sickening noise came from the boys head as he fell to the floor from my anger filled punch. I then ran to catch up with Skye.I heard running behind me the tears kept coming I ran away from the footsteps running behind me worried that it was one of the bullies, I sunk down in the corner of the school gate and brought my legs up and put my head in them and my arms around them crying.

I finally caught up with Skye, who I now saw crying against the wall. I went over to her and helped her up off the ground, and put my arm around her shoulder while we began to walk back to 221B. When we got back Papa was still at work but Dad was home. Before we reached the door, Dad came out, "What happened?!" helping bring Skye to the couch. I pulled off my shoes and threw my bag on the floor. "How hard did you hit him?" Dad asked me as I walked towards the kitchen. I shrugged and went to make some tea, as he looked over Skye.I looked back at dad through tear filled eyes my vision was blurred. I was beaten up and Mia hit him pretty hard, oh and I’m fine thanks for asking I say sarcastically rolling my eyes and papa walked in.